Quarter window removal

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Magic36
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Quarter window removal

Post by Magic36 »

Hi guys, finally got myself a caddy today, will do a post once ive got a few photos.

When it was delivered I noticed the quarter window rubbers are trashed Image I'm sure it wasn't like it when I viewed the van two weeks ago but the dealer is saying it was. So nothing I really feel I can do as there's no proof Image

Anyway.... Anyone know how to remove the windows and where I may find the replacement seals? I've read that there's 3 bolts beind the trim, is this right?

It's a 16 plate, mk4 ( I think Image)

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanksImageImage

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

ViralEye
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: Quarter window removal

Post by ViralEye »

Where you can see the vents, this section pulls upwards. Then I think you need to pull a pillar covers off and you'll see the 3 bolts for the window

Sent from my ONEPLUS6 using Tapatalk

Magic36
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Magic36 »

Great, thanks @ViralEye

Now just to find the replacement seals! I'm thinking vw direct or tps, if they do this kind of thing

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I think it's a complete quarter window you need, I don't think the seal comes off.
VW parts desk will be your best bet.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Magic36
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Magic36 »

Great, thanks so much @Doc. Failing that I'll see if a local breakers has anything I'm glad that at least it won't cost me having to get autoglass etc out

Beaker2135
Hyper Poster

Post by Beaker2135 »

Hardest part will be putting the A pillar trims back on

Start at the bottom of the door side, then the long edge up the door side, finally the windscreen edge starting at the top
Look through the glass to check the pins are lined up and push on, look at it through the windscreen so you can then see all the clips to line up.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

Pictures not that clear but are the seals trashed? Or is that just some sort of black glass sealant all over them? Looks to me like somebody has had those windows out and slapped a load of sealer all over them as I can see bits on the white paint. Maybe they were previously leaking.
Instagram: @y_5cuf
Magic36
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Magic36 »

Thanks for the advice @Beaker2135 I'll try and not rush it then! I was quite worried about removing them too. Are the clips easily breakable when taking them off?

The photos are pretty poor quality @Barbel330. It's definitely trashed The van was wrapped in blue before and I think they've used a heat gun to remove it. On the plus side a lot of the paintwork is mint.... On the downside there is still a lot of blue around the badges, edges of windows etc that needs to be removed carefully. I'm pretty sure they've used a chisel to try and remove it from inside the fuel filler I'll post photos once the monsoon subsides

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Here's the part numbers.
It looks like someone has made a mess of removing the wrap, maybe the windows have been out to fit the wrap but they didn't bother when removing it.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Magic36
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Magic36 »

Thanks @Doc that's great. I'll give my local vw a ring today and see if they can get any and try and squeeze some discount Yeah they have done a shocker of a job! I was told it was ex lease so my assumption is they buy cheap, get a numpty to tear off the wrap and sell on quick. Honestly I'd rather have done it myself than deal with the mess