Rear door problem

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
gazza31112
Hyper Poster

Rear door problem

Post by gazza31112 »

Evening chaps, got a problem with my rear doors, had my rear window smashed last week by some lowlife looking for tools to steal, luckily I had the steel blanks on so they didn't get in and take anything, shame about a caddy down the road that didnt and got emptied out, scumbags. Iv counted 4 caddy's that have been done in my surrounding roads in the last week!!! Have to move out of this shithole ffs but I keep spending my money on the van!!! Ahhhhh lol

Anyway ever since iv replaced my window with tinted glass my barn door has been pinging up on the dash saying it's not closed, and the interior lights cab/load area come on which is really annoying!!
It's a 2018 trendline
I thought I sorted it the other day because there was a shard of glass in the shutter which I removed and it hasn't done it ever since, but it popped again today on my way home, i pulled over and slammed the door but still popped up again on the motorway.
Iv only ever had cars before that always had that little springy switch button that tells the car that the door is shut, Iv looked everywhere on the back of the van can't find anything resembling one of those switches,(is it the hook thing on the left of the larger barn door?) so if anybody knows what tells the van the door is open ( and helps me out with a part number) I'd be very grateful.

Thanks guys !!!!
Gazza

Sent from my J8210 using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Rear door problem

Post by Doc »

The rear door switch is built into the lock mechanism on the large door. The small door has a latch with no wiring.
If the lock has had water get in when the window was smashed, that might be a cause for your problem.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
gazza31112
Hyper Poster

Post by gazza31112 »

Thanks for quick reply doc,
So I'd be looking at replacing the whole lock mechanism for the larger door?
Tbh the water could be from when I removed rear wiper and just bodged rear washer jet into the door, so this might be my fault all along haha!!
Any way to disengage this washer jet? Is it fused?

Got a pre installed slam lock incorporated into the lock that so that will be fun to replace!!!

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Oh, that might be your problem.
I've always just taken the pipe off the screen wash pump whenever I've done a wiper delete.

You might get away with just cleaning the lock with some switch contact cleaner before going out and buying a new one.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
gazza31112
Hyper Poster

Post by gazza31112 »

Ok mate thanks for that I'll try that.
Where abouts is the pump?
Cheers for the help!

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

The pump is on the bottom of the screen wash tank.

gazza31112
Hyper Poster

Post by gazza31112 »

Cheers doc will get that done see if it helps

Stickertone
100BHP+

Post by Stickertone »

How did you get on with this? I've got a similar problem. Cheers