New caddy ???

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Kreutz
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CNG (107bhp)

Re: New caddy ???

Post by Kreutz »

Doc wrote:I thought Dan's rendering from the spy photos was a very good representation of what's under the camouflage wrap. What is it that you say looks nothing alike as I see quite a resemblance?

We all know the new caddy won't look anything like the concept sketches, no cars ever look as wild as their concept sketch. It'll have been released to build some interest in the new caddy in the build up to the release.
Oh sorry if I was unclear, Dan's rendering is fantastic and gives a great idea of what's underneath the camo on the prototype having been spotted. What boggles me is why release a concept sketch this late that looks nothing like the prototype? Will there be different versions of the Caddy?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

Its like any new model, they want to generate interest in it before its released. The concept renderings make it look incredible and unreleastic, but to the keen eye will give away subtle details.

As an example, this is the rendering Porsche used to hint at the latest model. Looks similar but is more of a sketch.

Watch this space as I'm currently creating another sketch from the prototype, this time from the rear 3/4 and some of the details coming out are definitely interesting, I missed them on the other sketch.
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

New caddy ???

Post by dan@biali »

I've managed to pull a few details from the latest spy shots where the Caddy has a tailgate and some interesting features have emerged.

First off is the swage line running down the side has a little flare in it near the back arch which the concept rendering has (gives the arch the illusion of being flared) and towards the front it appears to finish at an angle 2/3rds down the wing, before where it meets the headlight.

The filler cap is where I thought they might try and hide the sliding door runner like the T6 so we're looking at something similar to the outgoing model

The rear lights are very difficult to make out so I've just drawn in the main lines and we can only assume they have a section that goes into the tailgate if the rendering is to be believed (I've not drawn that in as I can't make out any of that detail)

The VW badge sits in the glass which is very odd but is just like the concept

The door handles look to be more like current Golf/Arteon style.

There's a lot going on in the tailgate design, hard to decipher, but looks to have a buttress where the rear window is inset. I think there's going to be a black trim around that much like the rendering.

Kreutz
Caddy Fan

Post by Kreutz »

Someone else has a go at it, but made it look like a modified mk4.

https://www.motor1.com/news/389745/2020 ... rendering/

Last edited by Kreutz on Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Mine though is taken directly off the prototype so the lines are perhaps more likely. They’ve taken some of the details and overlaid them onto a mk4 which is less likely - VW and Ford will be keen to have something new and fresh, especially as caddy sales are flagging due to dieselgate and because it’s now considered a bit behind the competition.

I wonder if the fuel flap has been moved on the prototype because the fuel tank is in a different place to allow room for the new suspension setup.
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

I’ve been cleaning up a few lines and looking at lots of prototype photos to try and get the lines as close as possible. In all the shots I’ve seen there’s some sort of honeycomb grill in the front bumper and the concept drawing references it too. I also wonder if the thin line between the tail lights is actually a light/reflector which is also hinted at in the concept rendering.

M3rosco
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by M3rosco »

Nice work on the renderings mate.

I'm liking the look of the next gen Caddy!
Berger
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by Berger »

Someone put this on Facebook caddy page the other day, not sure who’s seen it so I thought I’d put on here, I think it’s a photoshop based on the comments
Instagram @berger2k
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

They’re the pics kreutz linked to. It’s definitely a photoshop based on a mk4 caddy. Some of the details are close but I don’t think it’s going to look like that based on the prototypes being driven about. Plus, the tie in with Ford will mean it’s going to look slightly more Connect like which is what a lot of people have said about my line drawings. The front ends will be where there are family design cues as it’s cheap in production terms to change bumpers and lights but the tailgate I think will be very similar between both models, just badged differently.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I've been looking for a release date, looks like that guy on Facebook has some information that it'll be out 1st of February. I was thinking of booking a trip to Geneva motor show but that might be a month too late.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Kreutz
Caddy Fan

Post by Kreutz »

Was looking for information if the new Caddy would be getting the 1.5 TGI engine and found that it would and that the official release will be on February 20 in Dusseldorf, from this article; https://logistra.de/news/nfz-fuhrpark-l ... 16943.html

Last edited by Doc on Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post
Kreutz
Caddy Fan

Post by Kreutz »

Found an article with some spy pics I haven't seen before https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2021 ... 39412.html

tommyzooom
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by tommyzooom »

I found some more renderings
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by tommyzooom »

Here..ImageImage

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
gazza31112
Hyper Poster

Post by gazza31112 »

Not too keen on that one tbh

Sent from my J8210 using Tapatalk