New caddy ???

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
S3_Oj
100BHP+

New caddy ???

Post by S3_Oj »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: New caddy ???

Post by Lister79 »

Smart that.

2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Some larger images for your viewing pleasure.
Click for MASSIVE version

From the press release:
Hannover, 20 December 2019 – All new. Yet all Caddy. Initial sketches of the Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles design give a preview of how the all-new Caddy could look when it is unveiled in 2020: one thing is for sure, no screw has been left untouched. Nevertheless the new Caddy will again become the benchmark vehicle in the A segment of commercial delivery vans and privately used family MPVs.

An early Christmas present: initial sketches from the early development of the new Caddy indicate that many aspects of Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles’ future compact van model are going to be different next year. The concept drawings of the panel van variant of the Caddy underline the fact that a new self-confidence will be entering the otherwise so functional and practical vehicle class. The draft design shows possible configurations: everything different, but still with a high cargo capacity and great variability, which has always made the Caddy attractive to its customers. In short: 100 per cent new, 100 per cent Caddy.

An example of a more sporty style in the segment is indicated, for instance, by the slightly sloping roof line, as well as by the sculpturally shaped, large side areas – with the new Caddy showing here a lean, one-piece design. It can be assumed that in future more customers involved in sport and active leisure pursuits will consider the new Caddy an interesting, practical alternative.

Shown here is the Cargo version of the new Caddy with several striking pointers to the actual full production panel van. These include the more strongly vertically arranged, slim LED lights at the rear. These will also appear on the passenger car version. The concept vehicle drawings also show a larger looking rear window, a significant element of the passenger car variant. In line with customer wishes, the commercially used versions of the new Caddy will also have a non-transparent tailgate and continue to offer swing doors as an option.

Larger wheels, a vehicle front with a cohesive look and LED lights, a narrower radiator grille and a larger looking logo are further elements of the redesigned Caddy. All signs that the new model too is launching with the aim of becoming the benchmark in its class.

I look forward to February of next year, to see exactly what this new Caddy will look like.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

New caddy ???

Post by dan@biali »

I've been making a few tweaks to my sketch taken from the prototype seen driving about earlier this year as those concepts give away a few of the details I was struggling to get my head around. Still rough but gives us a better idea of what the real thing could look like.

This is the prototype I used to get the lines from

gazza31112
Hyper Poster

Post by gazza31112 »

Quite pissed I brought an 18plate few months ago now

Sent from my J8210 using Tapatalk

RKDesigns
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by RKDesigns »

If those mirrors are as expensive as on an e-TRON ... think honestly these sketches will be further away from the spy pics. But a full electric I would not be surprised if they come up with one after all this time.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by tommyzooom »

That looks the nuts,
But unfortunately the chances of the production model looking like that are 0%
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
r1lea
Hyper Poster

Post by r1lea »

This is probably more a reality ImageImage

gazza31112
Hyper Poster

Post by gazza31112 »

The horror

Sent from my J8210 using Tapatalk
Last edited by dan@biali on Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote
Boonalon
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Boonalon »

I drive a connect in work most days, they are not too bad, that PSA engine is good, great low down torque. But I still prefer to bring home my caddy

RKDesigns
Hyper Poster

Post by RKDesigns »

Ford is too slow, waiting too long to update the screen and radio... although they do not drive that bad there are much worse vans to drive.

Kreutz
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CNG (107bhp)

Post by Kreutz »

dan@biali wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:12 pm I've been making a few tweaks to my sketch taken from the prototype seen driving about earlier this year as those concepts give away a few of the details I was struggling to get my head around. Still rough but gives us a better idea of what the real thing could look like.

This new sketch looks nothing like the prototype we've seen pictures of through the year. Am I crazy to think that VW will change their models and that the prototype will instead be in the T7 family somehow? Just doesn't make sense with this sketch having no similarities with the prototype, overall structure of the car, front is very much different, headlights and rear lights, etc?

https://www.motor1.com/news/389075/2020 ... dy-teased/
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

I thought Dan's rendering from the spy photos was a very good representation of what's under the camouflage wrap. What is it that you say looks nothing alike as I see quite a resemblance?

We all know the new caddy won't look anything like the concept sketches, no cars ever look as wild as their concept sketch. It'll have been released to build some interest in the new caddy in the build up to the release.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

New caddy ???

Post by dan@biali »

I’ve added the spy photo of the prototype I used to overlay the line drawing on.

Having looked a bit more at the Ford Connect as well I can see some of the design cues that will have to be incorporated as they will share the same basic architecture. For instance I was surprised to see the top of the door frame goes into the A pillar but that’s what it does on the Connect.

What is positive sounding is how VW have said the new Caddy will be aimed at recreational owners as much as commercial ones so it should look a bit more sporty and have more car like dynamics.

Their rendering is purely to get that market interested in the new Caddy, there’s no way it could look like it. German cars are always evolutionary-look at the 911, the Golf etc.

This new Caddy will still have some styling cues referencing the outgoing model. It gives VW an opportunity to give it a mild facelift in its lifecycle and regenerate flagging sales.

My prediction is it will have the torsion twist beam rear axle the Connect has.
RKDesigns
Hyper Poster

Post by RKDesigns »

After 15+ years of the 2K body the chance is big that they will develop a new body. But it will never be like the yellow sketches. More chance that it will more look like the line drawings of Dan. If they would work together with Ford I would not be surprised. Other brands are doing that already for years.