Ordering parts from dealer

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
FoxRallye
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Ordering parts from dealer

Post by FoxRallye »

Does anybody have luck ordering Caddy parts through a non commercial dealer? Mine had no interest in a 2K part number and the nearest one is pretty far as well as TPS.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Ordering parts from dealer

Post by Doc »

I believe some dealers have a restriction on which parts they can order, then some don't, it's a bit hit and miss and probably a rule laid down by the local branch rather than by VW HQ.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Giddy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by Giddy »

I have tried my local VW car dealer couple times. They couldn't order parts that are specific to commercial vehicles. They can see that it's a genuine part, but the system does not allow to order them, as they are greyed-out. But no problem if it's something that Caddy share with Golf, Touran, etc.
Caddy 4, Highline, 1.4 TSI
Instagram: @giddywagen
Build thread >>> here <<<
Katiecaddy
200BHP+

Post by Katiecaddy »

Our local vw car dealer have no issues whatsoever ordering from TPS for us. They’ve been brilliant ordering parts for us and even researching the numbers when we’ve struggled.