VW Dealer retrofitting

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Ripley55
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

VW Dealer retrofitting

Post by Ripley55 »

Hi Chaps
I've been looking at getting App Connect/Apple Car Play retrofitted at my local VW Van Centre, I've asked a question on this subject in another more specific relevant thread I found, but I was wondering if anyone on here had any experience of retrofitting items that were not originally specced by the original Dealer/Purchaser ? I've been quoted £250.00p all in including the VAT for the App Connect/Apple car Play if compatible ;)

Specifically, as well as App Connect, I don't have a Reverse camera on mine, or the Folding Mirrors option, but for some reason the original owner specified Heated front seats :o

I've done a reverse camera myself on another Caddy, and was using the RCD330 No Name head unit in that one, and it works fine, but I wanted to find out if anyone had had the OEM camera fitted up, and what sort of cost are we looking at ? same with the folding mirrors really ?
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
mark1a
Hyper Poster

Re: VW Dealer retrofitting

Post by mark1a »

Not sure about App Connect as my head unit was a basic Composition Colour and was so much hassle & expense to upgrade to Discovery Media, I ended up buying an aftermarket unit instead. You should be OK if you already have Discovery Media though.

Regarding the RVC, I had a similar issue. The van already had OEM camera fitted. On the mk4 this is a composite signal but with a quad lock connector instead of RCA phono. I had to get my local car audio place to make up a lead which converted the quad lock to RCA to fit into my head unit. If you get a camera aftermarket with a standard RCA phono connector you will need something like this to get it into the back of your OEM head unit:
https://incartec.co.uk/product/Add-Came ... ems-27-243

Of course if you get the OEM camera, it should work but obviously this is ££££..

Once in you will have to code it to enable RVC function, etc.
2017 Blackberry Maxi Life 190TDI 6MT OEM+
Santiago 18” | OE Xenons | Limo tints | Wind deflectors
Remap 190bhp | H&R / Darkside lowering | TRC front & rear splitter | RKD side skirts
Android HU | Focal 2.1+2 audio | Dynamat | 4G WiFi | Wireless phone charge
Build thread here http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34095
peely
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by peely »

Do you now if this will work on the rns 315 genuine Vw unit ??
Golf mk6 seats,Touran rear seats,carpet,console,2017 caddy life mfsw,Audi s3air vents, passsat w8 interior light, golf mk6gttdi wheels,rear barn door spoiler , rns 510 head unit , revers camera,boarded and carpeted rear with led strip lights, mk4 rear lights .
mark1a
Hyper Poster

Post by mark1a »

Not sure mate, I think it's only for the quad lock on the later units.
2017 Blackberry Maxi Life 190TDI 6MT OEM+
Santiago 18” | OE Xenons | Limo tints | Wind deflectors
Remap 190bhp | H&R / Darkside lowering | TRC front & rear splitter | RKD side skirts
Android HU | Focal 2.1+2 audio | Dynamat | 4G WiFi | Wireless phone charge
Build thread here http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34095