Display on dash clocks

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Bighan999
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Display on dash clocks

Post by Bighan999 »

Hi all I have a 2017 caddy startline I fitted
Mfsw and cruise stock all working fine
My question is can you up date the clocks
To show radio station navigation data phone
Details and like when you open the door
There is a picture of the van with a door open ?

Thanks in advance

H
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Display on dash clocks

Post by Doc »

Sounds like you've got a midline instrument cluster, you can upgrade to highline which will give you all you want. There's even a colour 3D option.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Bighan999
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bighan999 »

Morning thanks for the reply
So there is not just a code issue I would need to change the clocks ?

H
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

You need to upgrade, no amount of coding will give you anything other than a trip computer on a midline instrument cluster.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Bighan999
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bighan999 »

Cheers can anyone help with a part number for Highline clocks
Bionicman
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Bionicman »

Part numbers for a 2017 Caddy highline 160 mph instrument cluster are 2K5920986AX or 2K5920986BX. The latter being the newer version which could be just a software upgrade but not totally sure but Doc may know. Any way both will do the job.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

The second from last digit denotes the level.
6=midline
7=highline
8=colour

The numbers above are for colour by that reckoning.

Bionicman
Hyper Poster

Post by Bionicman »

Hi Doc, does Caddy 4 have colour clusters available on a highline model, going by the mk3, they never.
Bighan999
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bighan999 »

2K0 920 966 C This the part number from my instrument cluster so definitely midline the part numbers listed Are for a facelift my van is a 17 but old model will the cluster from a fl model fit and work with coding?

Cheers

H
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Caddy4 is the only caddy to date which had the option of a colour cluster, at least from the factory on a UK order.
There were no options for the colour cluster on a 2010-2015 caddy from factory into the UK. Perhaps other countries had it towards the end of the 2010-2015 run but I've never seen them.

If you have a Caddy4 you need a Caddy4 instrument cluster or one from a generation with component protection on a VW PQ35 platform. The older caddy instrument cluster won't support component protection so you'll lose your stereo and forward facing radar if you have it.

Bionicman
Hyper Poster

Post by Bionicman »

That clears that one up then Doc, suppose if you want to upgrade from the midline cluster you may as well go the whole hog and get the colour one and skip the highline. I think the price for a new colour cluster is not much more then a new highline cluster unless you get lucky and find either second hand for a really decent price.
Last edited by Bionicman on Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Yep, it's costly to get the coding done so might as well go the extra mile.

Bionicman
Hyper Poster

Post by Bionicman »

Yep tell me about it, must come and see you some time Doc to get mine altered for sliding door display and fuel gauge adaption, just to busy last year.
bxnlxung
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by bxnlxung »

Bighan999 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:21 am Hi all I have a 2017 caddy startline I fitted
Mfsw and cruise stock all working fine
My question is can you up date the clocks
To show radio station navigation data phone
Details and like when you open the door
There is a picture of the van with a door open ?

Thanks in advance

H
I've got a mfsw for my 2016 Caddy4 startline too, which module did you need to code the mfsw and cruise? Thanks