Securing a Mountain bike

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Richard.morgan
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Securing a Mountain bike

Post by Richard.morgan »

Hi guys I’m trying to come up with a solution to secure x2 mountain bike in a maxi.

I’ve had it carpeted/ply lined with 6mm ply and bulkhead removed and I don't want to smash the side of the van in or for this to be a permanent fixture as I use the van for multiple things (including camping) so would need to either be not obtrusive, or removable

I thought about attaching eyelet to the ply but feel these would probably just get ripped out of the wall (any way to Reinforce it?)

Any suggestions appreciated thanks
mark1a
Hyper Poster

Re: Securing a Mountain bike

Post by mark1a »

I use one of these:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... le_o03_s00

This secures the front wheel (bike is size large 29er), then I use small ratchet straps on the ringbolts that are in the floor. You should find that you have either these eyelets, or holes for them to be installed under the ply (mine is carpeted and there are holes in it for the eyelets. Once tied down both sides, it's solid and doesn't move. Everything is removable.

2017 Blackberry Maxi Life 190TDI 6MT OEM+
Santiago 18” | OE Xenons | Limo tints | Wind deflectors
Remap 190bhp | H&R / Darkside lowering | TRC front & rear splitter | RKD side skirts
Android HU | Focal 2.1+2 audio | Dynamat | 4G WiFi | Wireless phone charge
Build thread here http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34095
shameus
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by shameus »

I use a cheap Amazon wall mounted repair stand attached to the ply sidewall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Baldspeed Racing
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Baldspeed Racing »

If you check the bike thread in the off topic section this has been covered a few times
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Securing a Mountain bike

Post by the swan fiend »

I just bungee strap them to the side of the van (it’s ply lined so all good) I protect the frames with sponge pipe lagging and I loosen the handle bars and turn them 90 degrees. This method gives me loads of room in the middle for my camping gear. It also means there are no fixtures on the floor for when I carry my music gear or whatever else. If you’re only going to carry bikes though, a floor or wall mount is a good idea. Hope you get it sorted mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me