Cruise control parts??

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Ghost-rider
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Cruise control parts??

Post by Ghost-rider »

Hiya all, looking at fitting cruise control, stripped the steering colum covers off, and the part no. I found was: 5K0 953 549 D, now looking at the rosstech charts i found on the cruise control thread, it says this is a highline swcm, so i thought all i needed was the cruise stalk, speaking to a parts guy this morning hes saying even tho i have a highline swcm, its not compatable with cruise??, is this right??, my vans a late 2011, with multi function steering wheel,

All help appreciated lads

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

gavzzorz
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Cruise control parts??

Post by gavzzorz »

Midline and Highline SWCM's support cruse control. i have just upgraded my caddy to Midline from Lowline and retrofitted cruse at the same time all fine. (Granded mine is 06).

You should just need a cruse stalk and coding, i would get a second hand one from ebay for £10, any part number from Mk5 Golf, mk6 golf would work fine.

if you are anywhere near ST7 i would be happy to help.
55 Caddy 1.9tdi ASZ - Refrofitted Cruse, Projectors, HID, Auto Wipers, Auto Lights, Footwell Lights, Highline Display, MFSW, AL Injectors, GTB1752 turbo and 02Q 6 Speed.
Bionicman
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Bionicman »

According to the information on the Ross Tech site they say it all depends on the hardware version of the control module you already have fitted. So you may need a newer version to activate cc, I would just get the cc stalk fitted and try coding it in.
Ghost-rider
Hyper Poster

Post by Ghost-rider »

Bionicman wrote:According to the information on the Ross Tech site they say it all depends on the hardware version of the control module you already have fitted. So you may need a newer version to activate cc, I would just get the cc stalk fitted and try coding it in.
Gotya, so do think the thats what the "D" is on the end of the part no., if it is that would add up with what the parts guy was sayin possiblyImage

r1lea
Hyper Poster

Cruise control parts??

Post by r1lea »

A mk5 golf cruise Control won’t work or fit your caddy / module
You need from a mk6 golf where both stalks are incorporated

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 1530813115

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gavzzorz
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by gavzzorz »

Sorry for the wrong information, i thought they were all the same just being based off the same platform and just a facelift.
seems like they changed a lot more than then cluster, engine and front end then :)

ignore me :P
Last edited by dan@biali on Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote
55 Caddy 1.9tdi ASZ - Refrofitted Cruse, Projectors, HID, Auto Wipers, Auto Lights, Footwell Lights, Highline Display, MFSW, AL Injectors, GTB1752 turbo and 02Q 6 Speed.
Ghost-rider
Hyper Poster

Post by Ghost-rider »

Thanks for a bit of input on this lads, i fot it sorted now, turns out my slipring/control module doesnt suport cruise even tho its a highline model, parts all ordrd, just gotta get it fitted then find somebody in the birmingham/stourbridge area of the west midlands to code it all for me when i have

r1lea
Hyper Poster

Post by r1lea »

No reason it wouldn’t support cc, you have a mfsw so should support cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bionicman
Hyper Poster

Post by Bionicman »

Same thinking r1lea, as you say he already has mfsw so you would think his module would support cc. As I replied before I would just get the cc stalk and fit it and try coding it in, its got two chances.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I find the majority of the 5K0-953-549D modules I fit do support cruise control, I've only had one that didn't in all the time I've been retrofitting.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Ghost-rider
Hyper Poster

Post by Ghost-rider »

Doc wrote:I find the majority of the 5K0-953-549D modules I fit do support cruise control, I've only had one that didn't in all the time I've been retrofitting.
Now im confused🤯, i cross refrenced the part numbers i had last night with the rosstech info on here, and the part numbers all appeared to say highline module, i rang vw for a price this morning, then i range vw teeside (who iv bought cruise control kits off before) for a price, and it was these that said even tho its a highline module, because it has the "D" on the end of the slipring/module part no., its set up for multifunction wheel but not cruise, hence the new slip ring/module, and they were also working off my reg.no./ chassis no. aswell.

Vwjack88
200BHP+

Post by Vwjack88 »

How much do you charge to sort the cc doc? Fitted coded etc if you don't mind me asking. It's a mod I want to do to my edition 30 in the near future
Ghost-rider
Hyper Poster

Post by Ghost-rider »

I also asked a similar question last night on the cruise how to thread, that iv just noticed someone kindly replied to today, theyve pointed out that on the rostech chart even tho my module is a "highline" version, there is a #1 on the end of the info for this module, it states that the hardware may or may not support cruise control, and may need changing to the correct module, so the info iv been given by teeside today appears to be correct, but at the same time as the doc has sed, the ones he has fitted have supported cruise, seems like it would of been a gamble either way, and thats why maybe the cruise kit for my van is being sold with a new module regardless, as its the luck of the draw