Fitting heated seats in 2012 caddy

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Barrington
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Barrington »

Hi all,

I've recently fitted s line seats into my caddy just wondering how easy it is to connect up the heated seats and what's involved.

Many thanks
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Fitting heated seats in 2012 caddy

Post by Doc »

Hi @Barrington welcome to the forum.
Without knowing what you have in your caddy or exactly which seats you have it is going to be very difficult to advise exactly what you need to do.
Essentially, you will need to add wiring, a control panel and possibly a seat module.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Barrington
Caddy Fan

Post by Barrington »

Hi@doc

Thanks for your reply
The seats are out of a Audi A5 spine. The control unit I have is the one with the 3 dials and Aircon I've seen I can swap that out with the same unit but on 2 of the dials it has the heated seats symbol. Would my caddy have the wiring in the dash already to connect it? Then I can run looms of it to my seats.
Adamgav5000
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Adamgav5000 »

You will need to run a whole new loom for the seats.

Two cables will need to go to the heater panel,
One to the BCM above the fusebox
A 2.5mm feed to the fuse box (30A fuse)
Ground to the GND point in the footwell
All of the above cables run from the heated seat module that should be located under the passenger seat.

From the seat module you should have a power to each of the seats for the heat mats and a signal cable for the temp sensor. The seats will then need to be grounded to the footwell GND points or the GND of the seat module, depending on what is easiest.

I have a wiring diagram if you would like it. Just drop me a PM and I will send it across.
beemer124
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by beemer124 »

I don’t know anything about the controlpanel, but I have installed some s-line seats from an A5 and I got stan-the-man to make the looms for my seats. I can highly recommend him if you don’t wanna do it yourself. I have the fully electrical version of the seats, with heating and airbags, and everything functions like it would come as standard on the car from new, but I had heated seats from factory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Barrington
Caddy Fan

Post by Barrington »

Hi
@Adamgav5000

Thanks for the reply, how do I dm you I'm new to this forum
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

If you have a read of this viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31039 you will see you won't have permission yet to send and receive pm's until you get your post count up.
gazmingo11091968
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by gazmingo11091968 »

Hi guys. I too have Audi s3 sportsback seats in my caddy. Manual but heated. I would like someone to connect up for me . And also tell me what i need to buy if module etc missing.
Thanks