TRC side skirt splitters

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Boonalon
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: TRC side skirt splitters

Post by Boonalon »

There are sitting in the shed, a antisocial rabbit took a dislike to the new splitter and committed harricarri on it, so I’m waiting until I get a new front splitter and I’ll fit the 2 together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shameus
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

TRC side skirt splitters

Post by shameus »

Ah shite, they are flimsy enough alright. I can’t safely get out at the top of my road half the time... have to go the back way Don’t deal well with sharp inclines if you’re the thing lowered

Boonalon
200BHP+

Post by Boonalon »

I went for a TRC one this time, if there side skirts are anything to go by it should be better quality. Have you lowered yours already?

shameus
100BHP+

Post by shameus »

Ah nice one, the TRC one will match the side skirts perfectly anyways so the rabbit might have done you a favour in a way! Yeah was lowered when I got it thankfully

Boonalon
200BHP+

Post by Boonalon »

It was quite today so I popped them on. I first removed the flaps and cleaned the area all off.

There was a slight bit of sill lip damage on the P/S underside so I fixed that. The skirt sits against the sill lip so it must be straight!

I removed the grommets on the underside of the sill and ran a ring of sealer around the edges so when the skirt is in place they are still sealed.

I used slightly longer selftappers as the once’s supplied they are a tad short and ran a heavy line of sealer along the skirt before screwing in place.

Before I had fitted the skirt I marked on the flap where it would meet and when the skirt was fitted I cut it out bit by bit to make sure it was ok.

Overall I’m very happy Image

shameus
100BHP+

Post by shameus »

Yes lad those do look very well to be fair, look forward to seeing it with the front splitter too. I think I might be convinced, they’re going on the list!

Boonalon
200BHP+

Post by Boonalon »

The splitter shipped today, Pat the postman should deliver it on Tuesday I’d say.

t_Molloy
Caddy Fan

Post by t_Molloy »

Well lads just bought kit from TRC , got front spoiler side skirts and the rear spats , anyone have advise on fitting them ? Are they all just basically fitted with self tappers ? Thanks
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

They should come with fixings, I know my front splitter was supplied with M5 stainless screws, nyloc nuts and washers.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
t_Molloy
Caddy Fan

Post by t_Molloy »

The fixings for rear spat and front spiltter came with delivery but mince for the side skirts , I’ll have to contact them 👍 what the best way off installing them doc with a van already lowered 60mm
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I took my bumper off, offered the splitter up and started drilling.
Think I've got 6 M5 screws and nyloc nuts holding mine on.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

I’ve got the TRC front splitter on also. With the van on axle stands, I used 2 trolley jacks to hold the splitter in place (jacked up VERY gently) and once levelled up, began drilling. It worked for me.

Rescue me from the swans in me
t_Molloy
Caddy Fan

Post by t_Molloy »

Great stuff I’ll do the same , for the side skirts does anyone recommend using a rubber washer on screws as the will probably rust ?🤨
t_Molloy
Caddy Fan

Post by t_Molloy »

Doc wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:35 pm I took my bumper off, offered the splitter up and started drilling.
Think I've got 6 M5 screws and nyloc nuts holding mine on.

Doc just wondering with the side skirts , is it pretty much line them up and use the self tappers ? Or is there more involved. Thanks I don’t wanna half do it right
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by 0874089084 »

hi just wondering wat side skirts fit a 2010 swb caddy van.cheers