2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
RangerD
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Post by RangerD »

We're all bound to slam it as we spend so much time admiring our own Caddy's though aren't we and we start to worry that ours are becoming dated? After watching a few vids, I like the overall appearance. It's just those tail lights and the grill that let it down for me. I'm sure the grill could be modified.

I can't believe VW are collab-ing with Ford! I always drive past Connect drivers and imagine them looking at my Caddy thinking "gah, wish I had one of those instead"!
Ripley55
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Ripley55 »

I've not really read anything regarding 4motion ? Are they going into production with an AWD Caddy ?
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
106Lad
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by 106Lad »

I like it. Cant wait to see what they look like lowered with 19s. 😂
srh007
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by srh007 »

Kreutz wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:06 am From half of it looks great IMO, but it certainly lost it's Caddy heritage at the rear end, looks more like a Berlingo or Fiat Doplo. I'm still very much looking forward to getting one though, simply because it fits my needs at work much better than the current generation Caddy.

Oh and it's official now that VW will build the the next Ford Transit Connect at their Poznan plant. Will be interesting to see how much they'll change on the design.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
Wow, I can’t believe that VW are teaming up with Ford To make the Transit Connect 🤦🏻‍♂️...

I wonder if engines will also be shared. I’m in no way able to afford a new van, but I’m years to come will be worth keeping in mind for second hand vans.
anoneamus
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by anoneamus »

Looks like it got beaten to death with the ugly stick. I have the Cross, the Alltrack never really won me over, but if I had to, I'd buy one, however the new "Pan Americana" is ugly. As in too ugly to ever even think about.

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

So, production has started at Poznan.

2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Post by the swan fiend »

Where did you come by that picture Doc? If it’s not official, whoever took it is taking a risk. As I work in a car plant, this is quite a familiar sight though.
I’m looking forward to seeing one in the flesh. I’m also looking forward to seeing what mods people will start doing to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

It's an official VW press photo.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
gazza31112
Hyper Poster

Post by gazza31112 »

Ok that's a good idea....Image

Sent from my J8210 using Tapatalk

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

Hmmm, I’m sure it is @ Doc

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Genuinely is, I got it in a press email.

There's the others from the email, showing the new automation in Poznan but nothing Caddy specific so I didn't bother to post them.

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

I stand corrected mate

We use ABB robots in my place. I find programming them strangely theraputic!

Kelcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Kelcaddy »

When is the new model breaking cover at dealerships?
I’m coming to end of my T6 lease and fancy another caddy, I’ve been to see Vw and the deals on the run out model are frankly expensive compared to the deals being offered by Ford for a connect sport....
But obviously want to see this in the flesh before deciding

dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

According to VW UK commercial website, pre sales are due October 2020 and delivery is early 2021.

This to me really illustrates how they've managed to move too far away from the Caddy's DNA and character. Its a mess of conflicting design language with lines and creases everywhere.

petrev
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by petrev »

If I didn't know, just looking at the 2 profile shots, I would think it was a comparison piece with a Ford.
Always just looks like a Ford to me, especially in profile, or from the rear.