2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Post by dan@biali »

Count me in for a 'hate it' please!

I've been looking at the configurator again, put a spec together that I would consider, its still £40k :shock:

I also had a look at the design as it bugs me in lots of ways, and noticed my main issue (aside from the front bumper and door rail) is that they've cut the door into the A pillar (I know its to then line up with the sliding door and they've increased the height of that for access). What this does visually is make it look taller.

I then knocked up a crude photoshop with a door and recess delete and changed the line of the door (plus the obligatory lowering and 20" wheels). Not that this would ever happen but to me this starts to look more like a Caddy and less like a generic small van.

Katiecaddy
200BHP+

Post by Katiecaddy »

The photoshop definitely looks 100x better. One positive side of the the mk5 is that it should be a lot easier to lower, the bumpers doesn’t overly offend me personally, but the sliding door rail is a real let down,
I do like all the new tech they have, but again that seems to come at a cost.
LordW-K
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by LordW-K »

Rip caddy , Volkswagen you’ve killed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DeanWhit
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by DeanWhit »

No redeeming features for me. Looks like a kangoo from the back and the front looks like a snide Ford. 🚮
Katiecaddy
200BHP+

Post by Katiecaddy »

You can definitely see the resemblance to the transit connect. The front end really reminds me of the Volkswagen up and some of the newer electric variations
RKDesigns
Hyper Poster

2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Post by RKDesigns »

From my point of view. They took a Dacia Dokker which exists already longer for all base lines with a bit of redesign if you would ask me it looks a base for over 10 brands to share it in the future. Doesn’t look unique at all.

Dacia / Renault Will have with the new version of the Dokker and Kangoo railcovers.

So I agree with Dan that VW was in a hurry with their new design and they will loose clients. On the other hand the prices of the 2K(5) shaped caddy’s raised in the last months so for us all with mk3 facelift or mk4 that’s good that the vans keeping their value longer.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Craftybutcher
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Craftybutcher »

Wow i don't like that it and don't like its lost the smoothness on the sides! it really does resemble the transit connect! the photoshopped version above makes it look 100 times better.
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

I just noticed, VW have ditched the bonnet struts and gone back to a prop. Penny pinching at its finest. Supposedly the touch surface controls are also about cutting manufacturing costs and having watched a review they don't look nice to use at all. The reviewer even said he doesn't like them as he has to take his eyes off the road to see what they are doing.
Newtothisr20
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Newtothisr20 »

Think it look great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tkpeters
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by tkpeters »

Is it just me, or does it look like a Renault / Citroen Van
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Seems VWCV UK are finally releasing some media on the new Caddy5.

Caddy cargo video
https://youtu.be/Js9McfrkrMc

Caddy passenger model
https://youtu.be/88-byfmGQN0
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

I keep being told by various people that they will be having a Ford made engine, if I want a connect I buy a connect, they've ruined the sleek looks imho.
I'm not a fan at all.

That said there may be some tech and interior bits that i/we can retrofit to ours.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
E-Bagge
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Post by E-Bagge »

I have said it before in this thread and I'll say it again.
It is pretty mutch a Ford. One of the requirements prior entering the joint vw/Ford venture was to design it to meet the Ford connects design language. That is clearly visible with none of the classic Caddy features kept. The interior feels more like a VW and here it will look alot different than the Ford. But that's about it. Here is an article with some already known information about the projekt.

https://www.google.se/amp/s/www.parkers ... -vw-caddy/
Rusty138
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Rusty138 »

Soooo does this mean we will at long last get a 4x4 caddy in the uk.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

The Caddy4 and previous two models were available in 4x4 in the UK so I can't see why not.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort