2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Falix
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Post by Falix »

Looks too much like a Transit connect for me.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

https://youtu.be/dqkAzai8UnA
This is a pretty good insight into the production of the new caddy on the new robotic lines at Poznan.
Maybe it's just the inner geek in me that finds this sort of thing fascinating.
There is some information coming tomorrow, I believe the German site caddy 5 configurator is going live so you can play around with specs and colours etc.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

That 360 video is cool as well. Mad how few people are actually working in that factory. Interesting seeing panels glued together. Is this the first Caddy model to use that modern production method?
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

It’s nice to see that the new van is being built in a thoroughly modern plant. That’s the latest gear being used there.
It is very interesting I agree (though a busmans holiday for me)
We often have tours around our factory Doc, it may be something you could look into somewhere more local to you? The Toyota factory near Stoke is probably a good one.
Many the principles carmakers use to ensure lean, profitable operations in their factories were originally pioneered by the Japanese. Kaizen, Yamazumi charts, that sort of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

I'd love a factory tour, I'd even drive my van to Poznan if I could get a look inside there.

There are a lot of bonded panels on your van and mine Dan, the side panels are double skinned and boned for most parts except where they get spot welded to the floor and roof.
I did look at the robot lay down a bead of sealant and wish I could do it as good.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

We could have the next forum meet there

The bonding process has been used for quite a while. There was quite a bit of it on the Jaguar X Type. I imagine it’s been around in one form or another for a long time. As you said Doc, anywhere on the car where metal is joined to the outer skin.
Cars with carbon fibre elements use it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
ToiletTFSI
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by ToiletTFSI »

Had a quick play on the German side doc... still only diesel options at the moment - current model is diesel only as well.

Think I need to see one in the flesh before deciding on the looks... sadly I don’t think I will be convinced... too much of a creases and lines. If only they had kept the side clean without the window recess etc
ToiletTFSI
Hyper Poster

Post by ToiletTFSI »

Oh and finally gets side assist!
ToiletTFSI
Hyper Poster

Post by ToiletTFSI »

Also... to have a panel van with no rear windows... you have to have a POV spec version?
Would be nice to get a AWD edition but with no rear windows etc
ToiletTFSI
Hyper Poster

Post by ToiletTFSI »

Most will be just wheels and a drop... Side door handle delete helps...
side.jpg
Last edited by ToiletTFSI on Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D866
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by D866 »

Any idea when these will be available? Local dealer is pushing the old model hard still.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

New material should be with the dealers by the middle of next month.
Delivery expected early 2021.

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

They will be pushing the old model until the new one comes in.

tonyhill
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by tonyhill »

My god its ugly! The side is way too fussy, give me the clean lines of the mk4 over this any day!!
NornIron
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by NornIron »

D866 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:15 pm Any idea when these will be available? Local dealer is pushing the old model hard still.
I've just bought two new Caddy 4's from my local dealer; supply is beginning to dry up, the last DSG's were built in February and their sales campaign on Caddy 5 starts in October...
Ich habe kein Geld!