2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
skinnyd
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Post by skinnyd »

Thanks @Doc and everyone in posting these details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Post by the swan fiend »

Myself personally. I think this new could be modified to look better by us enthusiasts. Something like Dans photoshopped version is what I’d aim for. However I have to agree on the side rail, I just hope that someone can make an updated version that sits more flush. However I doubt that would be possible. Maybe colour coding it is the only option we’d have.
It is a tad generic I agree. But then, so many aspects of vehicle design are these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by the swan fiend on Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rescue me from the swans in me
redcarcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by redcarcaddy »

Im curious if there will also be a version without glass on backside of the caddy. This looks like a caddy life. Not practical for working with the caddy with windows in some situations
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

There were none on display with a solid metal rear door or doors, that was an option on the Caddy4 tailgate so maybe it will be an option for the Caddy5. There was no tailgated goods vehicle on display on Thursday.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

There is mention in the list of stuff I put up that the barn door version will be available as full metal doors for security reasons. It didn't mention a full metal tailgate though so maybe thats going to be dropped as not a popular option on the 4.
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Another of Doc's photos from the launch confirming the van version will have an overhead shelf

Philnanks
Caddy Fan

Post by Philnanks »

Great info guys....thanks for posting it all up!
I have to say overall I like it, especially the interior and nice to see the addition of the glass roof.
When will it be available??
Iridium grey 2016 Caddy Maxi Life 150 DSG
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Production is to start towards the end of the summer with first UK deliveries early 2021.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Katiecaddy
200BHP+

Post by Katiecaddy »

On a positive, I quite like the look of the white with the black roof, I really think the design will grow on people,

After reading about the new technology, I can honestly say I think it’s a great idea, we have all of that tech in our new Volvo, it would be nice to have in the van as well..
lord-dudester
Twin Turbo poster

Post by lord-dudester »

I’ll say again... I’m really liking it

Might look a bit out there now. But in a years time when they get delivered that designs gonna look spot on. No ones as on point with design trends like the VW boys
RKDesigns
Hyper Poster

Post by RKDesigns »

ViralEye wrote:hmmmm.... no spare wheel, I know a few of you arent bothered about spare wheels, but it's something i look for when buying a new vehicle
I always have one with me! So I also always want one. It’s not the first and will not be the last time that I had or will get a flat tire. And I know as well that it can take over 6 hours before you get help from Audi or VW if you are not in your own county...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
RKDesigns
Hyper Poster

Post by RKDesigns »

Last year (july) was already to read via the internet that 2021 VW starts with the caddy and 2023 ford will follow with the connect. VW just want to be first in Europe and that Ford starts in the US wouldn’t surprise anyone.

Like Audi can be visable that they are involved in TOGG Cars...

Don’t be surprised when more brands will follow with the same chassis and only different designs and own engines.

sheepy92
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by sheepy92 »

What an ugly van it just spells cheap and taccy like a citroen berlingo lost all respect for vw with the new models theyre releasing just simple designs whats with the sliding door rails mk1 transit got more sex appeal than that

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

RKDesigns
Hyper Poster

Post by RKDesigns »

Sheepy92 just enjoy the 2K shape more and keep it ;)

dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

I've only just noticed they've gone back to the badge with a bonnet notch!

I think I've worked out why they've also gone with this rail. I suspect there's a cost reason primarily - the side panel (I think) just has a recess for the rail rather than a gap that needs another panel underneath to bolt it to - but I think because the arches now stick out so far the rail has had to stick further out to allow the door to open past them.