My first caddy, possibly a mistake?!

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Towner11
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

My first caddy, possibly a mistake?!

Post by Towner11 »

So I've finally downsized from a t5 and got a caddy :D which I think is gorgeous but I seem to have brought with my eyes and not my brain....I think... The cruise control and horn I can't get to work. And the number of wires that just end no where is kinda confusing. Amongst an array of other pain in the arse things I should have noticed.(Defiantly much harder trying to finish someone else's mods than doing you own!!)

So out of the window goes everything I want to do it, my time (more than likely my money and someone else's time) shall be spent fixing it. Feels like a really negative start.

But on the upside, it drives lovely, sounds superb and does nothing but make me smile. The wife calls it my mid life crisis car. (I'm 32!!!)

56 plate 1.9 remapped to 145bhp. Lowered. (An awful lot)

So basically its a happy moan that didn't really say anything :D but I do feel better for it. Image

Sent from my S90 using Tapatalk

Gazmingo
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: My first caddy, possibly a mistake?!

Post by Gazmingo »

Theres nothing wrong with that m8. Nice colour... hope to see some complete mods soon

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Late-duber
100BHP+

Post by Late-duber »

Sounds like a steering control module issue maybe,?? it's under the steering column, possibly retro fitted cruise, and possibly a highline control module on a lower van, or not coded, or missing the extra wire sometimes needed when retro fitting,
I did the job on my first caddy, went highline module and the horn didn't work, , used a midline module and it was ok,
Have you got access to VCDS ???
Late-duber
100BHP+

Post by Late-duber »

Nice looking van by the way 👍👍
Towner11
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Towner11 »

Brill thanks all..
Shall have a look this weekend, hopefully get is sorted myself. Looks like another couple of hours crouched in the front of the van with you tube and some swearing. Ha

Sent from my S90 using Tapatalk