Number plate LIGHTS!

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Chris121
Caddy2k Groupie

Number plate LIGHTS!

Post by Chris121 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:50 am

hi guys,

So my warning light came on, and it seems one of my rear number plate lights is out...

The thing is when I change the working side bulb to the non-working side it works.. I have changed both housings and bulbs around and it seems both sides are working but they don’t work together... :?: :!: :!:

I had a look on google and around forums but couldn’t find anything. Any help would be appreciate

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Number plate LIGHTS!

Post by Doc » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:00 pm

Have a look into the socket the lamp holder fits into, the contact pads on either side tend to get corroded and make a poor connection.
That coupled with the poor design of the lamp holder itself and the fact it's a tiny contact area between the holder and the pads.
Make sure the lamp holder arms and the contact pads are clean before putting it all together.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

I have genuine VCDS Hex V2 & VagCAN Pro for any of your programming needs.

kopnin
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Number plate LIGHTS!

Post by kopnin » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:11 pm

you must to disassemble EVERYTHING and clean all