Skoda Interior light W8??

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Tom-8-0
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Tom-8-0 »

Hi all, I picked up an interior light at a local breakers from a Skoda Superb. It looks very similar to the Passat W8 light so took a chance. Image
Is this the same as W8 light? I ordered a loom from eBay and trial fitted it using the How to on here. However the LED’s don’t seem to work and the lights don’t come on with unlocking the van or opening a door like my current light does. The reading lights do work individually if I switch on and all 4 work with the switch. I tapped into the blue/grey wire as per the how to. I am now wondering if the Skoda light is compatible like the Passat or does it need some sort of coding?? Many thanks in advance, Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bionicman
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: Skoda Interior light W8??

Post by Bionicman »

Hi Tom, what is the part number on the light?
Tom-8-0
100BHP+

Post by Tom-8-0 »

Hi @Bionicman. Only numbers I could see on the reverse were these Image
And this Image
Not sure which ones are the part number mate ImageImage

stan-the-man
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by stan-the-man »

These will have green leds not red like VW as Skoda is a all green instrument illumination.

The part number would be the 3U0 XXX XXX
I don’t think it’s any different to VW to be honest regarding wiring, none of these require any coding either matey.

Could be just faulty light, water damaged etc. If you think you got wiring right.

Last edited by stan-the-man on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bionicman
Hyper Poster

Post by Bionicman »

Hi Tom, yes that is the part number for the Skoda Superb interior light and in appearance it is the same as the Passat W8 interior light, however don`t quote me on this but instead of having red LED night lights the Skoda Superb ones maybe green LEDs as I have read about this somewhere before as I was thinking about installing a Skoda one. Doc might know if he reads this post.
Tom-8-0
100BHP+

Post by Tom-8-0 »

Thanks for the replies Chaps. I wouldn’t have minded green ambient lights as well. A little different I guess. As for the wiring, yeah I think it’s ok. Got the loom ready made from eBay which pretty much made it plug an play. Just had to tap into the blue/grey wire from lights switch. The fact that it doesn’t come on when unlocking or opening a door like my original light does perhaps suggest a fault. Not too worry it was pretty cheap and worth the gamble. But now I’ve got the Loom . . . .

Ripley55
Hyper Poster

Post by Ripley55 »

I got my loom from eBlag, and it was a Tommyzoom one, I believe you could contact him direct through here as well mate ??
Mine arrived, was well built and put together, and my W8 mod works a treat :D
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
Tom-8-0
100BHP+

Post by Tom-8-0 »

Yeah, I think it was Creation Motorsport I got mine from mate. Not sure if that’s Tommyzoom ones or not. Does seem well made. Unsure whether to try another loom or get another light tbh. I do have the original connector with a long enough tail I could join to the female connector on the loom I bought and try again. Think I’ll try that and take it from there

tommyzooom
Hyper Poster

Post by tommyzooom »

It isn't one of mine, but I'd test that loom first with a multimeter, there is a how to on here showing how it should be configured
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
Tom-8-0
100BHP+

Post by Tom-8-0 »

I will do mate cheers. Do you by any chance still make looms for this mod @Tommyzooom?

tommyzooom
Hyper Poster

Post by tommyzooom »

I do, but I am out of components. This covid 19 emergency is playing havoc with my suppliers.
Even my local vw dealer informed me today that they are shutting down for a month .
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
Tom-8-0
100BHP+

Post by Tom-8-0 »

No worries mate, yeah it’s definitely having an impact on us all. You just hope people do take it serious and take heed of government advice on distancing, isolation etc. It’s not forever and it is for a reason. Stay safe buddy

Tom-8-0
100BHP+

Post by Tom-8-0 »

Quick update, Used the original connector with the female connection from the eBay loom and Result!!. Quick trial fit and all seems good. LED’s turned out to be red from the Skoda as well Image. Image