Help: rs big brakes

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
rush roo
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Help: rs big brakes

Post by rush roo »

So ive got some rs4 8 pot calipers can anyone tell me why I need ttrs discs over the rs3 or the others is it the hub size?
r1lea
Hyper Poster

Re: Help: rs big brakes

Post by r1lea »

DONT Buy them, get aftermarket discs, ttrs /RS3 Discs are not handed and the left doesn’t cool properly and always warp
Google it and you’ll see it’s a big issue, I was on a TT forum for years and heard lots about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeffers76
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Jeffers76 »

r1lea wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:14 pm DONT Buy them, get aftermarket discs, ttrs /RS3 Discs are not handed and the left doesn’t cool properly and always warp
Google it and you’ll see it’s a big issue, I was on a TT forum for years and heard lots about it

By aftermarket do you have an example as I'm currently running TTRS discs and although i don't have any issues at min would be nice to know of alternative thanks.

In respect to OP there's a difference in the offset i believe between RS3 and TTRS discs that's what i was told
rush roo
100BHP+

Post by rush roo »

r1lea wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:14 pm DONT Buy them, get aftermarket discs, ttrs /RS3 Discs are not handed and the left doesn’t cool properly and always warp

Cheers dude I did find this out the other day so was looking for a set that wasn’t nearly new as I would know it was warped
rush roo
100BHP+

Post by rush roo »

Jeffers76 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:18 pm By aftermarket do you have an example as I'm currently running TTRS discs and although i don't have any issues at min would be nice to know of alternative thanks.

In respect to OP there's a difference in the offset i believe between RS3 and TTRS discs that's what i was told
Oh ok was trying to figure out was it was because most sellers are saying both ttrs and rs3 makes it hard to differentiate.
You got a part number for yours?
Any pics?
Jeffers76
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Jeffers76 »

I will have to go look in the morning mate to confirm the number Image

rush roo
100BHP+

Post by rush roo »

Jeffers76 wrote:I will have to go look in the morning mate to confirm the number Image

Looks bad boy Image
Thanks for that
These are what I’ve got gonna repowder coat em redImage

Jeffers76
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Jeffers76 »

They look good yellow, should have had mine powder coated before I fitted em been oem black for 2 yrs an I did em quick other day while been off just trying to see what colour I fancy

rush roo
100BHP+

Post by rush roo »

Jeffers76 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:22 pm They look good yellow, should have had mine powder coated before I fitted em been oem black for 2 yrs an I did em quick other day while been off just trying to see what colour I fancy

Yellow looks good I don’t want to change it but the vans red. I think powercoating isn’t that hard it’s just taking everything off and not having the van.
Jeffers76
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Jeffers76 »

Think yellow would look good with the red van bit of a contrast make em stand out, soon a so did mine blue mates were like where you get them brakes, I said they’ve been on the van 2yr just been black

rush roo
100BHP+

Post by rush roo »

Jeffers76 wrote:Think yellow would look good with the red van bit of a contrast make em stand out, soon a so did mine blue mates were like where you get them brakes, I said they’ve been on the van 2yr just been black Image

Haha stealth look wasn’t quite working

I’m thinking about it
this would be better than yellowImage

Jeffers76
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Jeffers76 »

Yea maybe depends what your goin for, an at the end of the day it’s your van your way, but I still think yellow would work, I take it you have the 55mm hubs on ya van

rush roo
100BHP+

Post by rush roo »

Jeffers76 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:42 pm Yea maybe depends what your goin for, an at the end of the day it’s your van your way, but I still think yellow would work, I take it you have the 55mm hubs on ya van

Not sure tbh haven’t checked in to that yet Need to get more info
Jeffers76
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Jeffers76 »

Yea you need the 55mm hubs to mount them calipers, as they have the seperate carrier, the 50mm hubs have the carrier all part of the hub

rush roo
100BHP+

Post by rush roo »

Jeffers76 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:47 pm Yea you need the 55mm hubs to mount them calipers, as they have the seperate carrier, the 50mm hubs have the carrier all part of the hub

What did you do ?