Rns510

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
RY_VW
Twin Turbo poster

Rns510

Post by RY_VW »

How are you all getting yours fitted?everywhere I rang just says no? And is there a company that sells them wiped/blanked? I just want an OEM bluetooth headunit with a screen :roll:
63 plate 1.6tdi startline in reflex silver
Colour coded-Audi s3 alloys-Seat leon seats-Van style roof rails-Needle sweep-cruise control.
RCD330-lowered on kw stx coilovers
More to follow 8)
robblowen
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Rns510

Post by robblowen »

@RY_VW I picked the pieces up from different sellers on ebay I think mine all came from mk6 golfs, you need the head unit, blue tooth module (which goes under the drivers seat), the microphone (which lives in the courtesy light) and the looms to connect them all. Fitting is pretty straight forward mate, but you will need someone with vcds to code it in for you. There are plenty of lads on here usually willing to help for a few beer tokens. You might also need a code to unlock the head unit, vw can be awkward but there are people who do it on ebay, similar price to vw but do it via a message so less hassle.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

RY_VW
Twin Turbo poster

Post by RY_VW »

Thanks for the reply, who unlocked yours and etc etc? And who's gonna have vcds?I'm completely lost with it all, why cant cars be simple :roll: I'm trying to find someone within 2 hours of Yorkshire but the people have rang havent shed much light :shock:
63 plate 1.6tdi startline in reflex silver
Colour coded-Audi s3 alloys-Seat leon seats-Van style roof rails-Needle sweep-cruise control.
RCD330-lowered on kw stx coilovers
More to follow 8)
robblowen
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by robblowen »

There are quite a few lads that are good with coding/vcds stuff, I'm not sure about everyones locations, but if you put a post up asking for coding/vcds help I'm sure you'll get some offers. Doc did the coding side of mine, swapping the output and activating bluetooth etc. If you get a head unit and need the unlock code/pin I just searched ebay for "rns510 unlock code" loads come up, they normally need your vin and ser no from head unit, cost £10-£15 and mine took less than 10 minutes to come through.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk