Caddy Roof spolier

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Jay1182
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Caddy Roof spolier

Post by Jay1182 »

Hi guys I recently bought a roof spolier (not the lip spolier type that goes on the rear doors) for my caddy it's all been painted up I'm looking for the best glue to stick it on with now I know tiger seal is good, bodyshops use it, is this my only option or is there better out there
Thanks

More info on the spoiler I got
Theres a new company out there doing bodykits for the mk4 i think everyones seen it it's the 1 where the rear bumper looks like a Ford design lol
tbh i wasnt a fan of anything on the kit barr the spoiler, maybe coz I'm old school I like the roof spoiler not the lip design so I got it let me know what you think
Here's pics of it before paint ImageImage

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

gazza31112
Hyper Poster

Re: Caddy Roof spolier

Post by gazza31112 »

Saw a MK4 on the M1 on Wednesday morning I think it was, silver with the whole body kit on, I'm with you the rear bumper/ford copy is horrendous with the square fake pipes, quite like the front bumper, quite chunky and aggressive, I did look into it a while ago and it's just reinforced fiberglass, so that put me off straight away.
But I do like the spoilers, something different definitely

Sent from my J8210 using Tapatalk

DeanWhit
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by DeanWhit »

Yeah I've seen that body kit doing the rounds on EBay, it's not for me.
As for your spoiler, I don't think you'll go wrong with Tiger Seal. My advice would be to sand down the surface on the spoiler that your gluing to make sure youre gluing the spoiler and not the paint on the spoiler.. If that makes sense 😎
Jay1182
100BHP+

Post by Jay1182 »

gazza31112 wrote:Saw a MK4 on the M1 on Wednesday morning I think it was, silver with the whole body kit on, I'm with you the rear bumper/ford copy is horrendous with the square fake pipes, quite like the front bumper, quite chunky and aggressive, I did look into it a while ago and it's just reinforced fiberglass, so that put me off straight away.
But I do like the spoilers, something different definitely

Sent from my J8210 using Tapatalk

DeanWhit wrote:Yeah I've seen that body kit doing the rounds on EBay, it's not for me.
As for your spoiler, I don't think you'll go wrong with Tiger Seal. My advice would be to sand down the surface on the spoiler that your gluing to make sure youre gluing the spoiler and not the paint on the spoiler.. If that makes sense Image
Iv yet to see the kit in person but I dont I think I'll still like it
The spoiler had to be sprayed 2 times due to the material quality lol sinking n pinholes can you imagine on bumpers n skirts Image but it's sorted now

And thank you it deffo makes sense I'll glue it the way you advised can I scorch the 2 bits on the roof where it'll get applied to

Steo
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Steo »

Hi Jay,

I too saw this spoiler on my internet trawls for something different. I think it stands out and is different.

I am on the hunt for a rear roof spoiler that is different.

Steo
Jay1182
100BHP+

Post by Jay1182 »

Hi Steo I looked hi & low and this company was the only 1 I could find that does the roof spoiler let me know if you find another