Radio code - help

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Roguedata
Caddy Fan

Radio code - help

Post by Roguedata »

Does anyone know where the radio code should be stored on a 2017 caddy? I have been told there is usually a sticker in the glovebox but I can’t see one.. also I can’t see anything in my document folder that came with the van..
I see online there are services to get a code but are they for older vw models?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Radio code - help

Post by Doc »

You've been told wrong, your head unit is coded to your vehicle through what VW refer to as component protection.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Roguedata
Caddy Fan

Post by Roguedata »

@Doc ok that’s interesting, that info came from a master tech at a main dealer. So does that mean there is no way of using it in another vehicle?
Skully
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Skully »

I sold my 2017 Caddy's original HU to a friend after I removed it and replaced it with a Kenwood DNX5180S HU and it was a bit of a mission...

I had to refit the original HU back into my Caddy and take it to VW for them to scan the Caddy.
They got some info, sent it to VW in Germany, VW AG then replied back, then they supplied the code for the HU to me for a small fee.
It took about an hour.

Only then I could go back home, take the original HU out, refit the other HU and sell the original along with the code so he could use it in his car.
1996 Mk3 VR6
2017 Caddy Maxi 2.0 TDI
2013 RSV4 track bike
2021 Aprilia RS 660 road bike
Roguedata
Caddy Fan

Post by Roguedata »

@Skully thanks for that, sounds like a bit of a nightmare!