Aerial position?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
DerekFKS85
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Aerial position?

Post by DerekFKS85 »

Can someone tell me where the aerial is on my 09 Caddy? I intend fitting a Bluetooth stereo and possibly DAB so I need to upgrade it.
Thank you.
Derek.
Derek.
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Re: Aerial position?

Post by C Chis »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

On my 10 plate it’s built into the window, you should see a very thin heater type wire going across the top of the windscreen!

You’ll be best to fit a separate DAB aerial

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Hi Derek, welcome to the forum.
Your 09 Caddy has the radio antenna integrated into the windscreen. It's possible to see the lines starting top left, one going across the top about 500mm, once coming straight down about 250mm.
If you want to add another antenna it will need to be a stand alone type.
The DAB screen mount antennas are not bad if you are in a built up area. Maybe in the region of about 90% cover in the countryside.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
DerekFKS85
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by DerekFKS85 »

Thank you Doc. I'll fit the roof mounted one I fitted to my car, I get no dropout at all.

Thanks again.
Derek.
DerekFKS85
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by DerekFKS85 »

You wouldn't know what type of DAB aerial connection is on the back of the standard radio would you? There are two different types.
Derek.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

It's the black Fakra, not sure if there are differences within that range.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
DerekFKS85
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by DerekFKS85 »

Great, thanks very much indeed.
Derek.