New Member and New to Caddys

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Cartiercars
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

New Member and New to Caddys

Post by Cartiercars »

Hello all , Im an Ex car trader that has made a move over to the wonderful world of camper van conversions

I have just finished a Transit Jumbo , converting and facelifing it from a mk6 to a mk7 with a full sport overhall and refit and really enjoyed the process

I have been offered the chance to buy a low mileage pre face 2010 caddy with the intention into building it into a micro camper , however it wouldn't just be turning it into a camper , i would be looking to do a facelift when searching google for information about caddys this seems to be the place to be , so before taking the plunge and buying my mates van i just wanted to research what would be involved in the process

my plans for the van would be mk3 to mk4 conversion with bodykit full respray from white to audi Nardo grey , and a micro camper in the back , the van already has audi seats and lowering springs

However before i take on these type of projects i like to find out out more and speak with like minded people , so im pretty sure im in the right place :D

This wouldn't just be my 1st caddy it would be my 1st VW !
Cartiercars
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: New Member and New to Caddys

Post by Cartiercars »

im just wondering , is it possible to facelift the 2010 pre face to the late 2010 facelift ? or are you able to upgrade it to the 2015 facelift

Is it a matter of replacing wings , bonnet bumper etc , or inner wings , is there any cutting and welding involved or is it a bolt on job

Many thanks in advance