Looking for advice re colour coding

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
CarlsCaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Looking for advice re colour coding

Post by CarlsCaddy »

Just out a deposit down on my 2013 maxi and called a few places looking for prices for colour coding all of which ranged from €400-€900 which isn't feasible for me.

I've watched some videos on how to do it and it seems doable but I've no experience obviously.

Has anyone here done it themselves in the shed with spray cans? How were the results and how has it held up over time?
RatBag53
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Looking for advice re colour coding

Post by RatBag53 »

If you are considering colour coding black textured bumpers with rattle cans -- forget it! They are difficult & time consuming to
spray paint decently even for the motor trade. You might if following the guide lines you have already seen be able to use cans
for smaller areas such as mirror covers, providing you flat any textured area & apply plastic primer before the use of filler primers
& colour top coats & achieve a reasonable finish that you would be happy with. I would have thought however the upper end of the
estimates you already have would be a safer bet. Otherwise bide your time & search out for the smooth finish & colour coded bumpers
from Highline models noting of course that the rear bumpers are different between a SWB & a Maxi. Whatever you decide, welcome to
the forum & good luck with the mods.
CarlsCaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by CarlsCaddy »

Cheers for the advice, have contacted a couple of breakers who have some white Touran/Caddy bumpers.

Is there a guide anywhere for what bumper fits each model? i.e. Will a Touran rear bumper fit a maxi? Up to what year etc.?
Last edited by Doc on Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post
Barbel330
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Barbel330 »

Only the front Touran bumpers fit any caddy. The rears are a completely different shape.
Instagram: @y_5cuf