Stereo upgrades, OEM or Aftermarket?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Riggers82
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Riggers82 »

I’m looking to upgrade my stereo as it’s quite basic, it doesn’t even have Bluetooth :shock:

Has anyone had any experience with the RCD330 with Apple Car Play? I’m after the OEM look unless anyone can recommend me anything that’s not overly expensive? Cheers all...
MR JT
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Stereo upgrades, OEM or Aftermarket?

Post by MR JT »

Did find any more information on the RCD330? I'm in the same boat as yourself. I've had bad experiences with Chinese made head units. I fitted one to old seat lean and the DAB never worked plus the FM sucked

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Last edited by dan@biali on Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote
NZDubNurd
Hyper Poster

Re: Stereo upgrades, OEM or Aftermarket?

Post by NZDubNurd »

I've got 2 versions of the RDC330+ in our 2 Tourans.

I have a "fancier" Noname version with Android auto and carplay. I use the Android Auto for maps etc, but hardly ever.

The Mrs has the cheaper Desay version with carplay, but no Android auto.

We're in NZ, but they work fine as a radio, and bluetooth hands-free (my main requirement). She listens to the radio, but I have 16Gigs of music on an SD card in mine. No issues to speak of, but they're aren't anything flash either.

I think mine was a couple of hundred US$ on aliexpress. Hers was NZ$100 (UK pounds 50) locally.

Make sure you look at the right versions - there are 5" and 6.5, as well as differeing version all that get called "RCD330".

I suggest researching here: https://rcd330plus.com/
redmondthomas
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by redmondthomas »

I have the RCD330 desay version and I have no complaints. CarPlay and hands free are the main plus points.

As NZDubNurd said it’s not the most flashy but everything works as it should and it’s a huge upgrade on the stock head unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk