Aftermarket Driveshaft or CV Joints

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
DJOHALL
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Aftermarket Driveshaft or CV Joints

Post by DJOHALL »

My front left outer CV is on its last legs. VW want €400 for a complete shaft, €150 for just the outer CV joint. I can get an SKF complete shaft for €200ish, has anyone used them or recommend any other brands?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Aftermarket Driveshaft or CV Joints

Post by Doc »

You won't go wrong with genuine SKF, I suspect they are the OE supplier so same as you'll get from VW without the branded box and part number.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
DJOHALL
100BHP+

Post by DJOHALL »

I was questioning if SKF was the OE supplier. I've ordered a full SKF shaft for easy of life at €172.
DJOHALL
100BHP+

Post by DJOHALL »

Got the SKF shaft and fitted it. They look identical, all the numbers and markings are the same on the original shaft. The only differences I found were the outer hub bolt on the original has a 12 sided head and the SKF has a standard 6 sided. Also the bolts to attach to the inner gearbox coupling were about 5mm shorter than original, I just used the old bolts there for now waiting on new ones from VW.ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk