1.6 injector problems

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
DaveSk
Caddy2k Groupie

1.6 injector problems

Post by DaveSk »

I've read a few threads about the injectors on 1.6 models which may or may not be an issue.

I was wondering if anyone knows the cost of having these replaced at an independent garage?
Also, if it's a relatively easy DIY job and the cost of the parts if I do it?
Cadz09
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Re: 1.6 injector problems

Post by Cadz09 »

Think it's more luck of the draw rather then a full on issue, I've got a 15 plate and just needed to replace an O ring.
as with most things if you have all the correct tools you could easily DIY,
There will be loads of ppl on here who could explain it, or grab a Haynes manual👍.
It's more the parts that cost the money over the labour also.
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

I paid about £380 if I remember correctly. Though with tools and VCDS you could do it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Ripley55
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Ripley55 »

Independent VW garage in Suffolk did one of mine around £430, then second went on trip in France 😩 €900 at French main stealer 😥😥
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
DaveSk
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by DaveSk »

Cheers!

At £380 a pop I'd probably have a go myself if it went. Probably got the tools and I'm pretty good with cars but only old stuff really. Never plugged a laptop or anything into a car to fix it
SIMONSNOT
100BHP+

Post by SIMONSNOT »

I have a fabia 1.6 tdi with the same engine.

It’s a shame because you only ever hear about horror stories with DPF, injectors etc. You never hear about the ones which are alright but why would you complain when you don’t have an issue I suppose?

I know on the briskoda forum I’m on people bring up the same issue. One suggestion from a member was uprated ones from dark side developments. Mapped / programmed to the car. Work out a bit more expensive but it depends on the route you go with modding / extra power?

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/ ... 277-s.html
Sambessey
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Sambessey »

I’ve just brought a 1.6 and then realised they was an issue after joining the forum, hopefully it carry’s on running smoothly for a while
SIMONSNOT
100BHP+

Post by SIMONSNOT »

These are I suppose, in a way wear parts. By that I mean that any injectors on any car , regardless of make and model are constantly being used and can go knackered. It’s just some are more expensive to fix than other!
Jca730
Caddy Fan

Post by Jca730 »

I got rinsed for £750 when one of my injectors failed, will definitely be shopping around if another goes

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Sambessey
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Sambessey »

SIMONSNOT wrote:These are I suppose, in a way wear parts. By that I mean that any injectors on any car , regardless of make and model are constantly being used and can go knackered. It’s just some are more expensive to fix than other!
Are they covered by warranty? My warranty doesn’t cover wear parts but I’ve seen people get they replaced under warranty

onemanpeloton
Caddy Fan

Post by onemanpeloton »

I paid £400 to have one injector replaced by an independent garage earlier this year
Maxi Life - Beluga Blue
Rohtang666
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Rohtang666 »

DaveSk wrote:I've read a few threads about the injectors on 1.6 models which may or may not be an issue.

I was wondering if anyone knows the cost of having these replaced at an independent garage?
Also, if it's a relatively easy DIY job and the cost of the parts if I do it?
I got my caddy 5 years ago from BGas, I had it 2 weeks and injector went on it pulling out of a junction. Had it replaced, £100 odd quid from independent garage. Never had an issue since.

blueboy
Caddy Fan

Post by blueboy »

I thought I read somewhere that this seemed to be more of a problem on earlier Caddy's. Before I purchased mine I asked at the garage that does the maintenance & repairs on my cars.

The mechanic worked & did his training at VW & seems very knowledgeable on VW's & most other German made cars as well. He said if I was buying a Caddy to get one made after 2012 -2013 as there were changes made & the injectors etc were more reliable.

I bought a 2016 1.6 TDI so thought it must be ok. I have had no trouble but only bought it in March & so far so good. I was looking around the engine & noticed that the injectors have a Bosch logo & part number (thought these would have been a different make now) I noticed number one cylinder has a different injector fitted, Has an S instead of a B in the part number. Maybe Bosch upgraded them in some way but as I have a S one fitted dont look like it has worked.

Previous owner must have had the injector problem & had it replaced at some time in the last 3 years with another make.
Gary.8
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Gary.8 »

@blueboy B is the old injector S is the new.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

What's the full part number of the injectors?
The should be Siemens brand, not Bosch.
Bosch don't make injectors for a Siemens ECU equipped engine and vice versa.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort