1.6 Injector Problem

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
johnh
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

1.6 Injector Problem

Post by johnh »

Hi

First post on here, I presume this topic has been done to death as its a common problem, I have a 1.6 75ps basically I have already had injectors 1 and 2 go, replaced at a local garage at £400 each, after this work was fone i kept getting fuel leaks and oil leaks so then took it into VW main dealer who changed rocker cover, injector seals and leak off pipes, and also they said the clutch was heavy so they replaced that and 4 new tyres, £1600. This is all in the last 6 months.

Last week- 1 Day after it came out of VW, engine management light came on, glow plug fault, back into VW, they removed and cleaned the glow plug which they said was full of carbon and replaced, free of charge.

This week- gone into limp mode, injector 3 has gone- i diagnosed as P0203, after paying £2000 out in the last few weeks I just dont know what to do now- go to my local garage and get one there, go to Volkswagen and get one with a guarantee for 2 years- I hear there is a fund which will help towards the cost of this but how much is this likely to be and will it still be more expensive than local garage or is it worth paying a bit extra for the warranty

The van has only done 62000, up until 6 months ago I thought it was a cracker, i'm now starting to think its a complete pain in the arse, it did have the emissions fix done around 4 or 5 years ago, not heard much good things about that, any ideas about best course of action would be much appreciated.

Regards

John
2013Caddyman
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: 1.6 Injector Problem

Post by 2013Caddyman »

Might be worth investing in VCDS and replacing and recoding he injector yourself. You can do it.