upgrade climate control panel

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
User avatar
scatman75
100BHP+
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:31 am
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)
Location: Queensland Australia
Contact:

upgrade climate control panel

Post by scatman75 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:40 pm

hi has anyone went from prefacelift to facelift climate control panel,is they any hows to on this...
Attachments
vw-golf-mk6-1.4-tsi-dsg-ac-heater-climate-control-panel-breaking-7n0907426k-1358-p.jpg
to this
vw-golf-mk6-1.4-tsi-dsg-ac-heater-climate-control-panel-breaking-7n0907426k-1358-p.jpg (31.34 KiB) Viewed 167 times
3732a767_432c.jpeg
from this

User avatar
scatman75
100BHP+
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:31 am
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)
Location: Queensland Australia
Contact:

Re: upgrade climate control panel

Post by scatman75 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:41 pm

ive got a mk4 dash im putting into my mk3 caddy so any help i very much appreciated...

Ryzar1
200BHP+
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:22 am
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: upgrade climate control panel

Post by Ryzar1 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:52 pm

I would be interested to know as well


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryzar1
200BHP+
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:22 am
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: upgrade climate control panel

Post by Ryzar1 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:54 pm

Mate I would imagine if your fitting a mk4 dash wouldn’t the new climate panel come with


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
scatman75
100BHP+
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:31 am
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)
Location: Queensland Australia
Contact:

Re: upgrade climate control panel

Post by scatman75 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:14 pm

Ryzar1 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:54 pm
Mate I would imagine if your fitting a mk4 dash wouldn’t the new climate panel come with


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes new climate control panel is with the dash,im just interested in if its been done before,wiring , repinning etc...

User avatar
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster
Posts: 6178
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:37 pm
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)
Location: Donegal

Re: upgrade climate control panel

Post by tommyzooom » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:44 am

Yes. I have...as part of my AC retrofit .

Note the older on is cable driven, whilst the new one uses electric servo motors for the temp flaps etc, so you need to replace the heater box too.

User avatar
scatman75
100BHP+
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:31 am
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)
Location: Queensland Australia
Contact:

Re: upgrade climate control panel

Post by scatman75 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:42 am

tommyzooom wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:44 am
Yes. I have...as part of my AC retrofit .

Note the older on is cable driven, whilst the new one uses electric servo motors for the temp flaps etc, so you need to replace the heater box too.
hi tommy thanks for giving me at least a glimmerof hope of getting this done,do you know what parts i may need to get it working correctly ,thank you...

VanLife
100BHP+
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:17 pm
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: upgrade climate control panel

Post by VanLife » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:12 am

I've done this but in a slightly different way.

As part of transplanting everything from a 2008 touran into my 2012 Caddy, I kept the climatronic unit from the Caddy as the Touran had the old manual controls.

As mentioned above you need to swap the heater matrix from behind the dash so its a dash out job. For me the wiring was just plug and play. No need to change any pins or anything. Just plug it in and you're away. The climatronic unit is completely a stand alone unit and only needs power to work. The earlier manual controls had a few more wires but these are redundant once you fit the climatronic unit. Nothing to code either.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk


User avatar
scatman75
100BHP+
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:31 am
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)
Location: Queensland Australia
Contact:

Re: upgrade climate control panel

Post by scatman75 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:20 am

VanLife wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:12 am
I've done this but in a slightly different way.

As part of transplanting everything from a 2008 touran into my 2012 Caddy, I kept the climatronic unit from the Caddy as the Touran had the old manual controls.

As mentioned above you need to swap the heater matrix from behind the dash so its a dash out job. For me the wiring was just plug and play. No need to change any pins or anything. Just plug it in and you're away. The climatronic unit is completely a stand alone unit and only needs power to work. The earlier manual controls had a few more wires but these are redundant once you fit the climatronic unit. Nothing to code either.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
cheers vanlife ,i could go grab the climatronic unit tomorrow ,is that all i need ,any sensors etc...

User avatar
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster
Posts: 6178
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:37 pm
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)
Location: Donegal

Re: upgrade climate control panel

Post by tommyzooom » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:11 am

If you have the panel in your second picture, then you'll need a lot more parts than that,
Like heater box, AC compressor, AC pipes, AC condensor, refrigerant, etc etc

User avatar
scatman75
100BHP+
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:31 am
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)
Location: Queensland Australia
Contact:

Re: upgrade climate control panel

Post by scatman75 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:21 am

tommyzooom wrote:If you have the panel in your second picture, then you'll need a lot more parts than that,
Like heater box, AC compressor, AC pipes, AC condensor, refrigerant, etc etc
I have aircon in my caddy,pretty sure it comes standard in Australia,do I need to upgrade my ac as well Tommy...

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk


VanLife
100BHP+
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:17 pm
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: upgrade climate control panel

Post by VanLife » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:27 am

No need to upgrade the AC. You just need the heater matrix unit and the climatronic control panel. Plus a new fascia for your dash.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk


User avatar
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster
Posts: 6178
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:37 pm
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)
Location: Donegal

Re: upgrade climate control panel

Post by tommyzooom » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:41 am

No, but the panel in your second pic isn't an AC panel.
The other thing to budget for then is a re-gas
And dash sensors and sunlight sensors etc if your going climatronic

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

User avatar
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Posts: 13971
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3
Location: Monaghan, Ireland & Leicestershire, UK

Re: upgrade climate control panel

Post by Doc » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:17 pm

@scatman75 are all the quotes absolutely necessary? If you are replying to the previous post, reply will suffice.
Image
Image
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit


I have genuine VCDS Hex V2 & VagCAN Pro for any of your programming needs.

User avatar
scatman75
100BHP+
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:31 am
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)
Location: Queensland Australia
Contact:

Re: upgrade climate control panel

Post by scatman75 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:48 pm

Doc wrote:@scatman75 are all the quotes absolutely necessary? If you are replying to the previous post, reply will suffice.
You angry mate cause I used a few Quotes ...

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk


Post Reply