ASZ conversion

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: ASZ conversion

Post by Doc »

That's probably for the best that you let someone look at it.
The photos you sent me show 8 fault codes, most relating to sensors being open circuit.
1. P2016 Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor - Short to ground (This is the anti shudder valve, not runner flaps as you'd previously discussed)
2. P2185 Engine Coolant Sensor on Radiator Outlet (G83) - Signal too High
3. P0113 Intake Air Temp. Sensor (G42) - Signal too High (This is in the MAP sensor)
4. P0238 Manifold Pressure/Boost Sensor (G31) - Signal too High (also in the MAP sensor)
5. P1495 Switch-Over Valve for EGR Cooler (N345) - Open or short to Ground
6. P0243 Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75) - Malfunction
7. P0183 Fuel Temp. Sensor A (G81) - Open or Short to Plus
8. P0118 Engine Coolant Temp. Sensor (G62) - Signal too High

It took me a few minutes to correlate these from the photos you emailed to me, I guess I can stop looking at what each is now if you've decided to bring it to someone.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
JStop
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by JStop »

Thanks for your time doc, but after spending the day on it yesterday and getting absolutely nowhere! It's for the best.

I've used several wiring diagrams and pin locations are the same from the BDJ to the BLS. So I just cant figure it out! It needs someone who's done this sort of thing previously!

It is not just as easy as everyone makes out. So many more variables and parts required for the swap.

Thanks again Doc
jackspratjack
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by jackspratjack »

Hi Everyone!!

I managed to buy a blown BLS caddy and I'm also trying to do this conversion, and use the ASZ turbo.

Its correct that the actuators are Push and Pull respectively, so do i just swap the BLS Actuator onto the ASZ turbo and thats that problem solved?

I know theres lots of other things i need to do but this is the one part in my research I have not been able to find clearly

Thanks in advance

Jack
shanky887614
Hyper Poster

Post by shanky887614 »

just a tip, signal high or malfunction can be degraded wiring, ive had it before doing sdi to tdi swaps