The dreaded INJECTOR chat ?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Cov-Caddy
Caddy Fan

The dreaded INJECTOR chat ?

Post by Cov-Caddy »

Had injector 1 go yesterday do these injectors seem to follow sit guys ? Worried now the rest will go 🤦🏻‍♂️

Took out AA cover £199 covers upto 5 claims a year worth £545 so if they so go I’ll be covered doesn’t start for 14 days tho 🤷🏻‍♂️
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: The dreaded INJECTOR chat ?

Post by the swan fiend »

There’s no knowing when they’ll go mate, if even they do. I’ve replaced one in 3 and a half years of ownership, and I’ve done 36,000 miles in that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Graham_PG
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Graham_PG »

You were lucky.
My 2015 has done less than 15k miles. Had all four injectors replaced early on, broke down last week with another gone.
Would not mind so much if I had not spent a grand with local VW dealer [Snows Plymouth] for a full service a month ago
After my futile attempt for them to reconsider, they quoted £650 to replace
I have owned a lot of cars and vans, I rate VW as the worst for reliability ever
Cov-Caddy
Caddy Fan

Post by Cov-Caddy »

Graham_PG wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:15 pm You were lucky.
My 2015 has done less than 15k miles. Had all four injectors replaced early on, broke down last week with another gone.
Would not mind so much if I had not spent a grand with local VW dealer [Snows Plymouth] for a full service a month ago
I have owned a lot of cars and vans, I rate VW as the worst for reliability ever
Truly shocking mate that is I can’t believe VW haven’t done something about this them price of them is a joke for something that is down to their reliability 🤬
Geraout
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Geraout »

Graham_PG wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:15 pm You were lucky.
I had the impression that the injector issue was sorted from late 2014 with the introduction of the new injector version.

Seems that this is not the case so I'm worried now about my 2014 van...
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

Yes, I was under this impression too. I’d check the part numbers on your injectors. The newer type end with a ‘S’

Rescue me from the swans in me
Cov-Caddy
Caddy Fan

Post by Cov-Caddy »

Geraout wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:20 pm I had the impression that the injector issue was sorted from late 2014 with the introduction of the new injector version.

Seems that this is not the case so I'm worried now about my 2014 van...
I’ve taken out AA parts and garage cover mate £199 full cover but you get 5 claims a year upto £535 I think it is which will cover any further injector problem mate might be worth a look 🙏🏼🙏🏼
Cabbs
Hyper Poster

Post by Cabbs »

This topic gives me nightmares as to date I haven’t had an injector fail on me. My van is a late 2014 and at 98k so curiously I looked at the injectors and the part number on all of them ends with an S. Does this suggest they have been changed at some point in there life or just fitted as standard being a late 2014 van? There is nothing to suggest a change in the service history.

Cov-Caddy
Caddy Fan

Post by Cov-Caddy »

Cabbs wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:24 am This topic gives me nightmares as to date I haven’t had an injector fail on me. My van is a late 2014 and at 98k so curiously I looked at the injectors and the part number on all of them ends with an S. Does this suggest they have been changed at some point in there life or just fitted as standard being a late 2014 van? There is nothing to suggest a change in the service history.

Usually tell by the state of them mine you can see 1 is newer than the other 3 which all look the same age
Cabbs
Hyper Poster

Post by Cabbs »

[mention]Cov-Caddy [/mention]

They all look the same to be fair. No difference but they look clean. Maybe preserved as I have had an engine cover and soundproofing fitted from the day I bought it. Maybe I’m just lucky as I always use premium fuel and a good fuel cleaner every now and then. I have two spare brand new injectors anyway and Vcds ready when the time comes. Haha

Cov-Caddy
Caddy Fan

Post by Cov-Caddy »

Cabbs wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:01 pm [mention]Cov-Caddy [/mention]

They all look the same to be fair. No difference but they look clean. Maybe preserved as I have had an engine cover and soundproofing fitted from the day I bought it. Maybe I’m just lucky as I always use premium fuel and a good fuel cleaner every now and then. I have two spare brand new injectors anyway and Vcds ready when the time comes. Haha

AA breakdown cover is good mate I’ve took it out £199 a year and it covers 5 claims up to £535 if your worried like I was pal might be worth a look 🙏🏼