Cables into doors

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Yetiman25
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Cables into doors

Post by Yetiman25 »

So i think the answer is no but is there a sensible way to get decent speaker cable into doors or does the multi connector thingy just make it impossible? Its a 2018.

Cheers
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Cables into doors

Post by the swan fiend »

I’m no expert on this, but due to being heavy handed a while back, I had to replace my block connector on the door to body loom as I broke the plastic retaining clip on the connector, so I have a little experience.

I’m open to correction on this but I’m going to suggest finding out which connection on the block is the speaker wire and rewiring that into the door loom to the speaker using the correct pins.
As for the body side, you will have to de trim and replace the wire from the connector to the head unit.
There is a how to on here for stripping the door out which you’ll need to do. I’m not sure how much work is involved on the body side of the loom.
There are lots of electrical experts on here though, and some audiophiles too who can hopefully advise more.
Best of luck with the work mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

You could use gold plated pins and recepticles on the A pillar socket/plug to give a super low resistance connection.
I doubt even the most sensitive of ear would pick up on the difference in the gold and tin coated.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Yetiman25
100BHP+

Post by Yetiman25 »

Cable will be coming from amp to crossover then to door speaker ideally and wanted thicker cable for 100 to 150 rms speaker. Well i guessed right then cheers guys.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

What AWG/mm wire size do you need for 150wRMS?
There's 2.5mm wire through that plug/socket for door & window power.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Yetiman25
100BHP+

Post by Yetiman25 »

Not actulally sure tbh, 14 i think but i tend to use quite thick as bass sounds better, in my opinion anyway🤣. I will have sub but not always room for it etc.
beemer124
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by beemer124 »

When I ran cables from my amp to the doorspeakers I found some unused pin-holes ‘in lack of a better word ’ in the plug between the door and a-post. I then drilled 2 holes where the pins should be and split the cable so I had one positive and one negative cable and ran them through the connector and in to the door. This worked great in my car at least
This was a really bad explanation but I hope you get what I mean

Yetiman25
100BHP+

Post by Yetiman25 »

Ah yep got itthat sounds like a possible plan. Cheers mate
beemer124
Caddy Fan

Cables into doors

Post by beemer124 »

Here is a video of how to do it Image

https://youtu.be/UfHEHeQXmxE

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Oh wow, I can't believe a car audio professional is actually showing that they do it this way!

Yetiman25
100BHP+

Post by Yetiman25 »

bit lunchtime watching I think
beemer124
Caddy Fan

Post by beemer124 »

He actually have several youtube videos that can be interesting if you are in to car stereo

tommyzooom
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by tommyzooom »

What a bodger :lol:
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

I know, right?
Cowboys who make a video about how to do something the wrong way.

Yetiman25
100BHP+

Post by Yetiman25 »

Its a tidy bodge at least👌