Reversing Camera

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
mijkie
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Reversing Camera

Post by mijkie »

FishermansFriend wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:09 pm To get a reverse camera working with the MIB head units you will need:

An adapter like this one
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1

A camera like this one maybe? There are other designs available also.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170-Degree-C ... 0005.m1851

It then needs to be wired, ground wire to earth point at wheel arch, power to the fuse box, yellow plug into the adapter which goes into the back of the MIB unit pins 6 and 12. It then needs to be coded to reverse camera low, mine needed a few other changes to get it working like disabling PDC sensors which were enabled.
Thnx 4 info but

Ive got a Discover Media HU in my 2016 Caddy but if I understand it correctly, it is PDC or camera, not both ?
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Re: Reversing Camera

Post by FishermansFriend »

I'm sure you can have both.
Duncdan
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Post by Duncdan »

Did you route the cable through the rear talegate? If so how? I'm struggling with that at the mo. Maybe I should have got a wireless one.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

2010 Maxi Life 1.9
Ianh
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Post by Ianh »

Hey guys,
Having some issues with getting a connection to the screen from the transmitter.
So when in reverse with the ignition on the picture on the screen works. When the engine is on the camera screen won't work and displays no signal. Can anyone help. The screen is plugged into the 12v and the camera cable wired into the reversing light connection. I would appreciate any help
Ian
kryton85
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by kryton85 »

Does anyone know what coding needs doing? I have a genuine vcds but can isn’t here at the minute. I’ve got 2 hours spare tomorrow to sort before the van goes off for insulating & carpeting so ideally want to code & test then run cable to the b pillar whilst access is easier
Cheers
Chris
Last edited by kryton85 on Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caddy MK4 highline. Scirocco heated leather with electric lumbar & full elec drivers seat. ESP/ ASC button & coded. TPMS button & coded (ABS version). Carpet & insulation rear & Touran front carpet. Custom bulkhead. Tints. Front splitter. Side bars. 197hp map (on rolling road). Bi-xenons. Wireless charger. Laser grill led lights. Ambient lighting. Coilovers. Colour coded bump strips. Reverse camera. Front & rear sensors
kryton85
100BHP+

Post by kryton85 »

Sorted, i enabled it in a couple of places but the one that worked was in 5f vehicle information. camera not connected up yet but parking sensors have moved over to the left side & black screen for the rest so the coding appears to be fine
Caddy MK4 highline. Scirocco heated leather with electric lumbar & full elec drivers seat. ESP/ ASC button & coded. TPMS button & coded (ABS version). Carpet & insulation rear & Touran front carpet. Custom bulkhead. Tints. Front splitter. Side bars. 197hp map (on rolling road). Bi-xenons. Wireless charger. Laser grill led lights. Ambient lighting. Coilovers. Colour coded bump strips. Reverse camera. Front & rear sensors
kryton85
100BHP+

Post by kryton85 »

Forgot to add this earlier. 4 hour job approx including mounting camera, removing ply to run cable etc. Works on high line & park sensors still work too. I will add a picture when at computer as don’t use tapatalk & it’s not allowing me via webpage
kryton85
100BHP+

Post by kryton85 »

Has anyone had issues with camera black screen intermittently? It seems to work 100% of the time with engine in acc but hit and miss with engine running. Tapped reverse light so wondering if canbus voltage issue or needing a relay of some sort.
gixxerjim
Caddy Fan

Post by gixxerjim »

https://youtu.be/I2RTSsRA6-s?si=441BWqoeGeQbI1uq

See regarding relay for 12v feed
kryton85
100BHP+

Post by kryton85 »

Cool thanks for the quick reply. I’m at snetterton today but will take a look when we stop for lunch
kryton85
100BHP+

Post by kryton85 »

Sorted as per video & working a treat. Thanks for sharing the link
gixxerjim wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:18 am https://youtu.be/I2RTSsRA6-s?si=441BWqoeGeQbI1uq

See regarding relay for 12v feed
gixxerjim
Caddy Fan

Post by gixxerjim »

kryton85 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:52 pm Sorted as per video & working a treat. Thanks for sharing the link
Brilliant glad your sorted. Intend doing mine over Christmas when I get some time off work.

Could you share hiw you managed to code it please if possible.i need to find someone with vcds in the NW but if I had what needs doing it would make life easier.

Many thanks Jim
kryton85
100BHP+

Post by kryton85 »

Yeah sure. I will check tomorrow but think it was in 5f navigation iirc. Towards the end of the long coding helper, there was a drop down to allow for camera activation. There was another tick box in pdc too for it. I selected both & works fine but unsure if the pdc one is needed or not. It didn’t work with just that selected but worked after I selected in the drop down for infotainment / nav