Rear Bump Stops

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Daved-and-Confused
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Rear Bump Stops

Post by Daved-and-Confused »

So my caddy was lowered when I bought it on some ‘ lovely’ Prosport coil overs and rear lowering kit and prosport shockers.
I replaced these, as and when they failed ( within 10,000 miles).
When I was crawling around the back I noticed that the van was effectively riding on the bumpstops. I have still to re adjust the van front and rear and raise it to a more practical ride height.
In the interim I have cut down the original rear bumpstops by about half so that the van is actually supported by the springs and there is a degree of suspension travel and the original springs and gaz shocks work as they should.
This has obviously transformed the ride quality.

I’m not over impressed by this solution and was wondering if there is a shorter bumpstop available to replace the original ?
Cheers, Dave.
Ex BG 2011 1.6 tdi - colour coded front and rear bumpers, mirror covers. Side windows and front window wind deflectors. Scirocco 18” Interlagos alloys. Spax RSX coilovers, Gaz rears. Touran rear seats with integrated child seats and head protection headrests. Sound deadening/ insulation with Caddy Life headlining, full interior plastics, custom made boot box,bulkhead with load through.
Beaker2135
Hyper Poster

Re: Rear Bump Stops

Post by Beaker2135 »

Not that I’m aware of, it’s usual to cut 2 rings off the bump stops when you lower the rear
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is
Giddy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by Giddy »

Yes, it's about 5 different sizes of them, I'll find you a part number of a smallest one when I turn my laptop on..

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Caddy 4, Highline, 1.4 TSI
Instagram: @giddywagen
Build thread >>> here <<<
Giddy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by Giddy »

2K0511153D is the smallest one
Caddy 4, Highline, 1.4 TSI
Instagram: @giddywagen
Build thread >>> here <<<
Daved-and-Confused
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Daved-and-Confused »

Fantastic, cheers.
Ex BG 2011 1.6 tdi - colour coded front and rear bumpers, mirror covers. Side windows and front window wind deflectors. Scirocco 18” Interlagos alloys. Spax RSX coilovers, Gaz rears. Touran rear seats with integrated child seats and head protection headrests. Sound deadening/ insulation with Caddy Life headlining, full interior plastics, custom made boot box,bulkhead with load through.