4 way stretch

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
dede_desmo
Caddy2k Groupie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:18 am

4 way stretch

Post by dede_desmo » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:14 pm

Finally got the 4 way stretch in the back and smells a lot better, lucky that the wood protected all the panels

From this

Image

To this

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by dede_desmo on Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cov-Caddy
Caddy Fan
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:20 pm

Re: 4 way stretch

Post by Cov-Caddy » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:34 pm

dede_desmo wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:14 pm
Finally got the 4 way stretch in the back and smells a lot better, lucky that the wood protected all the panels

From this

Image

To this

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Waiting on mine to come hoping to fit in Monday/Tuesday

User avatar
Caddy46
Caddy2k Groupie
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:35 pm

Re: 4 way stretch

Post by Caddy46 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:13 am

Cov-Caddy wrote: Waiting on mine to come hoping to fit in Monday/Tuesday
Have you got a link to what you used buddy, looks smart!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dede_desmo
Caddy2k Groupie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:18 am

Re: 4 way stretch

Post by dede_desmo » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:20 am

Found the 4 way stretch on Amazon, if you’re in the UK you should be able to find it easy, I used 4 cans of glue and just had enough with 5m x 2m, had to patch up in some places.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Caddy46
Caddy2k Groupie
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:35 pm

Re: 4 way stretch

Post by Caddy46 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:21 am

dede_desmo wrote:Found the 4 way stretch on Amazon, if you’re in the UK you should be able to find it easy, I used 4 cans of glue and just had enough with 5m x 2m, had to patch up in some places.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sweet I’ll have a gander didn’t know how much to order get a bit more incase I mess up I guess, not sure what to use on the floor, going to use it for my Mx bike and fishing so something durable!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dede_desmo
Caddy2k Groupie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:18 am

Re: 4 way stretch

Post by dede_desmo » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:27 am

A question I have now is what can I do with the gaps I have since I removed the separation behind the seats.
I was thinking of cutting it out ? Does anyone have any ideas
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caddy-Dan
Caddy2k Groupie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:53 pm

Re: 4 way stretch

Post by Caddy-Dan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:42 pm

Could you make use of any of the old ply board? Maybe cut some to fit and cover it with the fabric. Don’t ask me how to fix it to the gap as I don’t own a van yet 😂

User avatar
Caddy46
Caddy2k Groupie
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:35 pm

Re: 4 way stretch

Post by Caddy46 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:43 pm

dede_desmo wrote:A question I have now is what can I do with the gaps I have since I removed the separation behind the seats.
I was thinking of cutting it out ? Does anyone have any ideas
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you not have the bulkhead.. I heard you just cut the bits out from existing bulkhead and cover them! Or can you buy the expensive plastic trim bits from tps


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dede_desmo
Caddy2k Groupie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:18 am

Re: 4 way stretch

Post by dede_desmo » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:58 pm

Yes that’s what I’ve been thinking, cutting out from the original separation. Just wondering if anyone has any pictures of it finished.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Caddy46
Caddy2k Groupie
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:35 pm

Re: 4 way stretch

Post by Caddy46 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:03 pm

dede_desmo wrote:Yes that’s what I’ve been thinking, cutting out from the original separation. Just wondering if anyone has any pictures of it finished.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can find yoj a photo I’m sure I’ve been researching before I get to it myself! Think the headliner needs doing black to match myself so that’s another thing to drop down!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Caddy46
Caddy2k Groupie
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:35 pm

Re: 4 way stretch

Post by Caddy46 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:05 pm

dede_desmo wrote:Yes that’s what I’ve been thinking, cutting out from the original separation. Just wondering if anyone has any pictures of it finished.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dede_desmo
Caddy2k Groupie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:18 am

Re: 4 way stretch

Post by dede_desmo » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:59 pm

Nice, that’s exactly what I’m looking for

I’ll keep you updated on how it goes


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply