Stereo upgrade

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Andrejm
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Stereo upgrade

Post by Andrejm »

@Dons101 flac is compressed audio format like mp3, but is looseles, like original cd-s. My music library is 90% on flac, and flac player for me is a must
Dons101
Caddy Fan

Post by Dons101 »

Thanks @Andrejm
learn something new everyday
2011 Caddy Maxi Navy Blue, MFK remap to 142.6 bhp
Restless, avid traveler. Would rather hike in the mountains, fish in the sea, canoe in a lake or river than surf a couch.
BritishGasBlue
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by BritishGasBlue »

I've got the 310 which hasn't even had the Bluetooth or aux in modules added. So bad I bought a Bluetooth to FM transmitter with DAB just so I can get some music on it. Thought that would see me though while I researched proper units. I'm not sure I want a whole Android unit, just something to control and display the music and maps from my Android phone. What's this about one that can read the fuel level etc? My 2010 Caddy C20 only has analogue guages on the dash. I have got the Torque app to read OBDII data which would be cool if that could send to the display but as we're talking about Car Play/ Android auto I'm guessing that's not an option.

Also Android Auto works wirelessly now. How do I known what units will work without being connected by USB?
BritishGasBlue
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by BritishGasBlue »

@Andrejm

But still has to be connected by USB?
Last edited by dan@biali on Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote added username tag
Dons101
Caddy Fan

Post by Dons101 »

Here is photo of the head unit showing fuel etcImage

Sent via Tapatalk, excuse the brevity.

2011 Caddy Maxi Navy Blue, MFK remap to 142.6 bhp
Restless, avid traveler. Would rather hike in the mountains, fish in the sea, canoe in a lake or river than surf a couch.
Andrejm
Caddy Fan

Post by Andrejm »

@British Gas Blue yes, from stock has to be connected to usb, but for aditional 120$ guy sell wireless dongle mirorlink, apple carplay, android auto, bluetoth is only for calls and is slow for connection to phone apps, this dongle is in usb port and phone is connected to dongle..
310 has more connections on back than 330 i lose climate display, aux in glovebox and cars bluetoth phone speakers, Cheers

Caddydriver
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddydriver »

Can anyone please advise

Is it possible to move the stereo up on the 2019 caddy?

Asking as I find it too low and the need to keep looking down at it for Waze etc

Thank you in advance
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

I'm sure anything is possible with the right determination but be aware there will be complications with your heating controls.
I personally haven't seen it done myself but it would be an interesting project for sure.
Maybe a centre dash from another vag vehicle could be grafted in but I think the heating/ac etc controls will be your biggest challenge.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
callan1001
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by callan1001 »

Hi all,

I have one of these stereos that has to have the iPhone plugged in for mirror link,

Is there anyway to add a usb extension from the rear of the stereo?

I don’t like the cable coming out the front

Cheers