Caddy Maxi Wheels

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
BGwales
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Caddy Maxi Wheels

Post by BGwales »

Hi Guys,

First post so no idea if this is the wrong section but I don't have access to the specific wheels section of the forum.

Replacing the standard wheels on my 2015 BG Maxi, can I place 18 VW rims with load rated tires on? I'm getting confused with load ratings but assume it's just the tires that are specific?

Mate has a set of black golf R rims but I don't want to buy them if they won't pass an MOT.

Cheers!
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Caddy Maxi Wheels

Post by Doc »

Hi, welcome to the forum.
Your wheels will only fail an MOT if they have a weight stamped/cast into them which is less than the maximum corner weight of your caddy.
Most original equipment wheels don't have those markings but it's definitely worth a look to make sure.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
BGwales
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Caddy Maxi Wheels

Post by BGwales »

Hi Doc,

Cheers for the reply I'll have a check of the wheels see if there's anything stamped on them, cheap solution for the wheels.