UK Insurance for customized Caddys

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: UK Insurance for customized Caddys

Post by the swan fiend »

I’ve never had any problems with Flux, but it sounds like their customer service is going down the drain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Ripley55
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Ripley55 »

Update
Flux just called ! Very Very sorry, and can do my Policy cheaper than Brentacre, and have offered renewal at £424.00.
Why the F*** could they not talk to me this morning and come to an agreement then ? It’s been a complete waste of my time getting quotes all morning Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 🤬🤬
Chestnut Brown Caddy MK4 Maxi Life 2.0Tdi 150bhp , 18” Matt Bronze OZ Ultraleggera’s 8Jx18 ET45 on Bridgestone 225/40/18’s
Gary.8
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Gary.8 »

Who's actually made a claim through Adrian flux....
I had a non fault accident around this time last year and I can tell you they brokered me out to a bunch of amateurs who couldn't have f##ked up my claim anymore if they tried.... so worth checking before you go with them.
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Gary.8 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:45 pm Who's actually made a claim through Adrian flux....
I had a non fault accident around this time last year and I can tell you they brokered me out to a bunch of amateurs who couldn't have f##ked up my claim anymore if they tried.... so worth checking before you go with them.
Thats hit the nail squarely on the head, you never really know how good any insurance company is until you have to make a claim. That's what scared me about flux, if they messed me around that much trying to get insured what would happen if I needed to claim.

I used to be friends with someone who got his first insurance from a guy in a carpark in Manchester, he handed over the cash and the guy gave him a hand written policy.
The police luckily gave him 24 hours to find some real insurance when he got pulled on his first outing lol
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

Another disgruntled Adrian Flux customer here. I recently got a quote on another vehicle from Adrian Flux as my Caddy and Hilux are both with them. It was very high (think it was £1200) which I questioned as to why, they gave me some guff about not transferring any no claims bonus or being able to honour it. Thought oh well, thats the price then. Just for a laugh I put the details of the car and myself into compare the market, Admiral came back at £385. Called Adrian Flux back and they couldn't understand how I was getting it so cheap, can't match that, must be an online price and you won't actually get it for that. Hung up the phone, went through the compare the market site, didn't need to talk to anyone and actually got the insurance for £376!

I've used Greenlight in the past and they were great (although thankfully never had to make a claim). Always knowledgeable and friendly, liked their cars and modifications didn't phase them or push the prices up. Didn't feel like you were talking to a huge call centre but almost felt like a family run business. My caddy was originally insured with them and I would have carried on using them but they have a vehicle value limit of I think £25k (that might have changed).

To give you another laugh, I contacted Porsche Insurance services which is basically VW Insurance to get a quote..........................................

.......are you sitting down yet..............

........£4869.00! Yes, that is four thousand eight hundred and sixty nine of your English pounds!
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

I actually insured a cavalier gsi with greenlight 25+ years ago and got run off the road by a road rager. It damaged 2 very expensive custom alloy wheels and a load of body work and body kit.
I actually got full value back and kept the car which I put back on the road. I didn't get a quote off them for the van only because I can't find my driving license.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Gary.8
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Gary.8 »

Wow... That's a lot
My claim was comedy... here's some of the crap I had to put up with..
had someone fail to stop at a junction and slam into the rear passenger side of the caddy so straight forward claim. Reported the accident to Adrian flux claim line this happened on weekend so got a call Monday from Adrian flux saying I need to contact the insurance company they brokered me out to... ok so phoned them up and I'm told not insured with them..! two and a half hours later back and forth and they final find I am....great.

Next up they send a email with a link to choose a body shop from a list and book a date. Decided to go and check out the body repair centre personally (couldn't fault them and they were top notch). So booked on line for the caddy to go in the following week. Arrived at the body shop to be told they couldn't get confirmation from my insurance and they where being messed about.... So back on the phone to be told that's not one of their body shops and I had to rebook again on line....wot... so in the politest way possible I told them to go f##k yourself and I'm taking it to the original body shop.... with that they started wafflin on about I wouldn't be untitled to a courtesy car and I would have to pay all the extra Labour cost blah blah... bull sh#t.
Finally got it to the body shop and nearly two weeks later got it back.

Then along comes my renewal quote and I find I've lost all my no claims and I'm at fault with the accident.... another argument on the phone and finally get my no claims reinstated and accident non fault but God what a nightmare .
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

I have never heard of a broker telling the client to ring the actual insurance company and sort it out yourself :shock:

I'm going to use a word I don't use lightly, cowboys.

Have a read on yell.com at their reviews, flux have lied their way through to trust pilot to have my review removed so I wouldnt trust trust pilot for real opinions, yell.com seem pretty damming.

Flux aren't the cheapest (by a long way in some cases) they are rude, ignorant and everything's a battle with them. They shurk their responsibilities and they out right lie to try and squeeze money out of you or get their own way.

Its only when you start looking online at reviews you realise how bad they are.

I told them I was entitled to a full refund under British consumer law, they messed me around saying I wasn't and that their policies over rode my rights (I have that in writing from them) I kept saying I had 14 days cool off period to have a full refund regardless and that the policy hadn't even started and they refused to accept it. On day 16 they replied I was over my 14 days consumer law allowed so would have to pay their charges.
I blew up at them and threatened legal action which is when I finally got a response saying out of their kind hearts they would give me a full refund as a good will gesture if requested before the policy started so I rang up instantly and cancelled.

They even had the cheek to ask if I wanted a call back on renewal time to see if they could beat my renewal quote and also reminded me they did other types of insurance, I laughed, told them to f off and put the phone down.

I personally think anyone taking on new insurance or even renewing with flux after reading this thread is playing with fire.
IainH91
100BHP+

Post by IainH91 »

A-plan has been the best and cheapest for me. They are a broker so you are insured with another company. Flux always here bad things if you claim.
Giveusalook
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Giveusalook »

Hi, I’ve just joined the forum and have found some good valuable information regarding which insurance companies to apply too.
Good work to all
Pepsi
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Pepsi »

A plan for me also. Seemed very friendly and knowledgeable about all things vehicle related. Easy to talk to and a good rate. Not had to make a claim yet but feel they will be on the ball.
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

Just an update on my experiences with A-Plan. Really knowledgeable, friendly and easy to deal with. Went over and above trying to secure the best agreed value on my Caddy which is such a niche risk to them. Spoke with Jack but I believe Dan Cameron was using his contacts at the underwriters to push them. Ended up paying a little bit more than Adrian Flux but the policy is so much better all round for me. Even comes with 180 days European travel! Lets hope I get to use a few of them soon!
SIMONSNOT
100BHP+

Post by SIMONSNOT »

I use GreenLight and have for a few years. Have no complaints.

I changed from Flux when I moved house as my insurance went up. Got some BS about postcode but I know that where I moved to was a much better location and I also gained a driveway. X