Coilovers, drop links etc.?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Danjk
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Coilovers, drop links etc.?

Post by Danjk »

Hi guys,

trying to get as much information as I can to get ready for fitting coilovers.

At the moment Im about to order stance+ for my 2012 1.6tdi Caddy. Ive been researching everywhere and finding small amounts of information regarding a few extra bits that may be needed and I was hoping some of you can share your experience with these.

So in order to fit these coilovers I will possibly need centralising plates? Has anyone fit/not fit these?

Adjustable drop links, are these absolutely necessary?

Spacers, will this depend on the wheels going on after coilovers are fitted?

If the information ive gathered is right, will i need all of these to correctly fit and use coilovers?

Thanks for any help that you guys can give me
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Re: Coilovers, drop links etc.?

Post by caddychris2002 »

Ive dropped mine approx 70mm IIRC on the front using AP coilovers . I run 225/40/18 tyres with et44 wheels.

I needed the plates on the rear. I have fitted (about a year later) adjustable drop links from vanstyle. They made a huge difference to the way the suspension felt on the front.

Setup neutrally the suspension feels more plush as the ARB isn't under tension like it is with standard drop links, but this is all relevant to your brand of coilovers and where they weld the plate on your ARB attaches to.

Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

www.dav-tec.co.uk
www.facebook.com/davteceng
Autowatch Ghost Installer
Mods:
145bhp map : Audi Q5 Seats, Polo Wing Mirrors, Touran R-Line rear bumper, Mk8 Golf Gti Front bumper, Sprayed in Honey Orange. Touran rear seat conversion, Bentley alloys, Stance plus coilover kit, caddy alltrak arch and skirt kit,mk7 golf gti steering wheel, Ghost immobiliser, Discover Media headunit, Kenwood underseat sub
Danjk
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Danjk »

Thanks Chris, and did your plates make much of a difference? Ive ordered everything I listed above exctept the spacers. Will be wearing the factory steelies for a while because the tyres are good
Last edited by Doc on Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

You.mean the centralising plates? Yeah reduced how much they scrubbed the arches

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

www.dav-tec.co.uk
www.facebook.com/davteceng
Autowatch Ghost Installer
Mods:
145bhp map : Audi Q5 Seats, Polo Wing Mirrors, Touran R-Line rear bumper, Mk8 Golf Gti Front bumper, Sprayed in Honey Orange. Touran rear seat conversion, Bentley alloys, Stance plus coilover kit, caddy alltrak arch and skirt kit,mk7 golf gti steering wheel, Ghost immobiliser, Discover Media headunit, Kenwood underseat sub
Danjk
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Danjk »

Cheers for all that info Chris 👍