Gaz rear shocks

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Gaz rear shocks

Post by Azz03 »

Might be a daft question but how do I know when the adjustment button is back central with equal amount of clicks either side so I can make sure they are set the same as the guy who set them hasn’t done them properly and it’s bugging me as they shouldn’t bottom out at all. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Re: Gaz rear shocks

Post by Scoobysrt »

Turn all the way anti clockwise then count your clicks clockwise until you're at the end. Don't over tighten when you go all the way to either direction.
Centre is half the number of clicks.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]Scoobysrt [/mention] cheers mate I’m new to these gaz shocks and don’t fancy destroying them before there time.

Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

How many clicks + or - is everyone running theirs for a comfortable ride

Lcm evolution
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Post by Lcm evolution »

how are you finding the gaz for road use, i used them on mk4 golf , they worked very well , but lasted maybe not much longer than 2 years shocks still worked fine , but snapped springs with in the coil overs , and the rust was un real.

they where gaz gold coil overs , i would never recommend anybody to use them for road use , track only !
Barbel330
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Barbel330 »

Azz03 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:25 pm How many clicks + or - is everyone running theirs for a comfortable ride
Set them in the middle and see how it feels. Then all you have to do is lay down, reach underneath and adjust them either way if need be. Everybody will want it set differently. Mine are on somewhere in the middle but need stiffening up slightly as I’m now carrying a bit more weight than previously.
Instagram: @y_5cuf
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]Barbel330 [/mention] cheers mate I’m knew to this lowering malarkey and I’ve just gone with what people review as top quality so hence why I’ve went with gaz it’s just setting them up to the right ride feel is hard haha I’ve adjusted the rear twice already and still not happy with it but I guess it’s all trial and error

Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

Evening people I’ve had my gaz rear shocks on for a couple weeks now it’s only been this week that I’ve been near speed bumps and it seems when ever I drop off the bump the van feels like it bottoms out even if I’m in 1st gear crawling. Is it a case of just playing about with adjustment to get it right or?
Thanks

Giddy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by Giddy »

Did you cut your bump stops?
Caddy 4, Highline, 1.4 TSI
Instagram: @giddywagen
Build thread >>> here <<<
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]Giddy [/mention] yes mate cut two notches off

thecolourpurple
Hyper Poster

Post by thecolourpurple »

So is anyone running GAZ rear dampers that actually rate them. I'm having a set fitted next weekend but reading this post I'm really unsure now. if they're not upto it I won't bother & i'll get a different brand.
2014 CAYD 1.6tdi 150bhp, Darkside straight pipe, EGR & DPF delete, Custom cold intake with K&N 571s, 19" wheels, Pioneer/Kenwood & Vibe audio.
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]thecolourpurple [/mention] since I’ve swapped my leaf springs the heavy duty and set the rear shocks up properly mine seem to be fine now so my problem was clearly my old leafs where shot all I get every now and then is a random squelching sound but doesn’t always happen

thecolourpurple
Hyper Poster

@Azz03. Cheers. I'm not sure if my springs are shot, they don't appear to be. I don't generally carry a lot of weight even though it's a daily worker unless I've got all my camping gear onboard so I'll just have to see. New spring aren't the end of the world if I have to change them I suppose

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

2014 CAYD 1.6tdi 150bhp, Darkside straight pipe, EGR & DPF delete, Custom cold intake with K&N 571s, 19" wheels, Pioneer/Kenwood & Vibe audio.
thecolourpurple
Hyper Poster

Just out of interest what number setting have you gone for. Might well be a good starting point?

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]thecolourpurple [/mention] I didn’t think it was my leads at first until I took them off and could bend them a fair amount when stood on them and I’m barley 10 stone ringing wet I was for 18 clicks to the + and now with the heavy duty leafs on the back it’s like a different van no more bouncy rear end and I’ve got the rear seats as well