Passenger Door DEAD

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Parkeseee
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Passenger Door DEAD

Post by Parkeseee »

HELP....!
Passenger door seems to be DEAD, no central locking no elec door mirror, no elec window, car doesn't sense the door is open or closed. A friend says the CAN bus maybe needs to be reset, can anyone suggest how to do this or what else could be wrong? Is there a fuse just for that door? The manual doesn't say what fuses are for what or in what fuse location, which doesn't help fault finding. Can't secure the car so urgent responses would be appreciated. :D
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Passenger Door DEAD

Post by Doc »

Hi, this is not a common problem, I don't recall any such problem being mentioned on the forum in the past.
If there is a problem with the CANbus, as your friend suggests, this might be reset by removing the battery for a short period of time.
Fuse locations will depend on the specification of your caddy, those for example which were built with manual windows will have a different fuse location to those built with electric windows.

In the event that cycling the vehicle power does not resolve the problem, it would be beneficial to test for voltage at the door. Maybe firstly at the A-pillar socket.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Parkeseee
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Parkeseee »

Thanks for the prompt reply, I have disconnected the battery for about 1 minute and re connected, still no good. I will test voltage at A pillar connector if I can. :(
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

Is it worth having a look in the wiring that goes through the rubber boot from the van into the door? I've read on other VW forums of a wire getting damaged somehow and that kills all power to it. Theirs was often a ground wire that had broken. I think getting the boot off far enough to see whats under it is a bit of a pig of a job though. Do both doors run off the same fuse as with quite a few modern VWs?

This guy describes a similar failure in MKV Golfs and he reckons its combination of wiring thats slightly too short and stiffer than you would expect so after time the strain can break the wire.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9SiHOP6c5Y[/youtube]
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

Yeah I'd say @dan@biali has a very good point. My grandads roomster had an issue with the door lock being completely dead turned out to be a broken ground in the rubber boot dan mentioned

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

www.dav-tec.co.uk
www.facebook.com/davteceng
Autowatch Ghost Installer
Mods:
145bhp map : Audi Q5 Seats, Polo Wing Mirrors, Touran R-Line rear bumper, Mk8 Golf Gti Front bumper, Sprayed in Honey Orange. Touran rear seat conversion, Bentley alloys, Stance plus coilover kit, caddy alltrak arch and skirt kit,mk7 golf gti steering wheel, Ghost immobiliser, Discover Media headunit, Kenwood underseat sub
Andrejm
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Andrejm »

Scan with obd11 or vcds if you think that CAN is faulty, probably wires go bad in rubber boot A-pillar or connector fault , but this is common to drivers doors because of frequent use
caddychris2002
Hyper Poster

Post by caddychris2002 »

Wiring diagram for the door well part of it anyway. R10 is the live coming into the door module quickly looking at it. Pin 18 or 20 is the 12v in on the door module plug at the door module and 19 is the main ground wire coming in. I would check these see if you have 12v there.

Hope this helpsImageImage

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

www.dav-tec.co.uk
www.facebook.com/davteceng
Autowatch Ghost Installer
Mods:
145bhp map : Audi Q5 Seats, Polo Wing Mirrors, Touran R-Line rear bumper, Mk8 Golf Gti Front bumper, Sprayed in Honey Orange. Touran rear seat conversion, Bentley alloys, Stance plus coilover kit, caddy alltrak arch and skirt kit,mk7 golf gti steering wheel, Ghost immobiliser, Discover Media headunit, Kenwood underseat sub
Parkeseee
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Parkeseee »

@dan@biali
Super helpful many thanks, going to have a look at this now I'll let you know.... :D
Last edited by Giddy on Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote
Parkeseee
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Parkeseee »

@caddychris2002
Brilliant many thanks for the effort with the pictures, I'll let you know how I get on... :D
Last edited by Giddy on Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote
Parkeseee
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Parkeseee »

Many thanks for all your help on this guys, turns out it was just a fuse gone that caused a loss of power to the passenger door, there's no legend in the fuse box on my van, or in the owners manual so I was 'flying blind'. All back together now and working well. Thanks again. :D :D :D :D
blakejames1
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by blakejames1 »

Hello mate, I have the exact same problem. What age is your caddy? Also wondering what the fuse number was? And what amp? Thanks mate
Killomiter
Caddy Fan

Post by Killomiter »

blake - best to go google for the fuse lists for your exact vehicle you get a pretty picture scrolling thru all the fuse elements so it is quite easy for us
Ellis667
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Ellis667 »

Iv got the same issue with a mk4. Can't for the life of me find a fuse diagram.
hoppy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by hoppy »

Parkeseee wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:46 pm Many thanks for all your help on this guys, turns out it was just a fuse gone that caused a loss of power to the passenger door, there's no legend in the fuse box on my van, or in the owners manual so I was 'flying blind'. All back together now and working well. Thanks again. :D :D :D :D
Any body have any clue which fuse port this would be?
Ellis667
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Ellis667 »

hoppy wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:44 pm Any body have any clue which fuse port this would be?
Should be fuse port 46