E189 Emissions Rollback

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
lal138
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

E189 Emissions Rollback

Post by lal138 »

Hi Just been reading tonight about four caddy owners looking to get there caddy rolled back its probably the cold weather and short journeys that are now giving them grief with there EGR and DPF clogging up. I had my caddy maxi life rolled back 18 months ago and it was the best thing I could have done I did post on caddy chat E189 Update Had No Choice But it was moved to Engine & Transmission so only members could read I do believe that new members should be aware when purchasing a van the consequences of E189 emissions update on there vans .Some of these people were told by tuners that Remap would remove emissions update Not True Rollback first then try for a while to see how better it runs to see if you need remap. It would be nice to know how members vans are performing after Rollback Thanks Merry Christmas To All
Cabbs
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

E189 Emissions Rollback

Post by Cabbs »

I think I need to have mine done. It’s constantly running at high revs (1000rpm) like it always regenerating. Only after about 20 minutes of constant driving then it will calm down. But it’s back again running it from cold. And in this cold weather it seems to last forever. It’s beginning to ps me off now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lal138
100BHP+

Re: E189 Emissions Rollback

Post by lal138 »

Hi it was this time of the year that mine started to play up constant fan running after stopping not finishing regeneration to many short stop start journeys engine not getting up to temp to complete regeneration .I got myself VAG DPF App on android phone and VGATE ICAR PRO Bluetooth 4.0 ELM327 OBDII Car Diagnostic Scanner For Android iOS to monitor what was happening it also tells you what program number your ECU is using I found this very helpful in understanding what was going on. But at the time it drove me nuts these things can be sorted with the right help and information that is why I joined this Forum for help and information on my van
lal138
100BHP+

Post by lal138 »

Hi it was this time of the year that mine started to play up constant fan running after stopping not finishing regeneration to many short stop start journeys engine not getting up to temp to complete regeneration .I got myself VAG DPF App on android phone and VGATE ICAR PRO Bluetooth 4.0 ELM327 OBDII Car Diagnostic Scanner For Android iOS to monitor what was happening it also tells you what program number your ECU is using I found this very helpful in understanding what was going on. But at the time it drove me nuts these things can be sorted with the right help and information that is why I joined this Forum for help and information on my van
Cabbs
Hyper Poster

E189 Emissions Rollback

Post by Cabbs »

Hello, Yes this sounds like the same problem I have then. Although I drive to work some 8 miles away it never seems to get up to temp. Only when I don’t use the heaters which is hard in this weather it will get to temp and eventually come out of regeneration. But I have the same issue where I parked on my drive and turn it off then the fan runs for a short time. I’ve also noticed a strange whistle noise when I move off from standstill. This only happens when the engine is running at 1000rpm or as I suspect in regeneration mode. I guess it’s time so get it wound back as it drives me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jca730
Caddy Fan

Post by Jca730 »

Idling at 1000rpm was happening on my van before I had the emissions fix, I just thought it was an automatic choke as it only happens when its 4° or colder. The regen light has never illuminated on my dash either.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

lal138
100BHP+

Post by lal138 »

HI Still caddy owners looking for information on rollback feel sorry for young lads who buy these vans with no idea what VW done to them with E189 update
RY_VW
Twin Turbo poster

Post by RY_VW »

The guy that did my cruise control offered to take it off for me whilst I was there but wasnt really sold as not heard anything about it. Is the emissions update really that bad?
63 plate 1.6tdi startline in reflex silver
Colour coded-Audi s3 alloys-Seat leon seats-Van style roof rails-Needle sweep-cruise control.
RCD330-lowered on kw stx coilovers
More to follow 8)
3_50
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by 3_50 »

I got mine rolled back when I got it remapped. From what I could gather; the update made the van really struggle at very low RPM. I got mine done by Steve at Autosphere (mobile, central south areas), he came and did it while I was at work. I got both done at the same time though, so can't be sure what helped what, but the combination was a significant improvement.
ransomz0
100BHP+

Post by ransomz0 »

Hi I wasnt aware that the software was different from the map. How do I find out what software was on my van before the emmissions fix?

I assume the software runs on the ECU?

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Caddy Maxi C20 Startline 1.6TDI 2015 Mk4 facelift
Ex BG
lal138
100BHP+

Post by lal138 »

HI I hope my posts make members more aware of some of the problems they may encounter when they purchase there vans
lal138
100BHP+

Post by lal138 »

Hi just thought I would repost this as the weather is getting colder and that can effect the EGR operating properly.