2.0 bkd in 2.0 sdi

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Caddybrad123
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

2.0 bkd in 2.0 sdi

Post by Caddybrad123 »

Hi lads, looking to carry out this conversion in my 2.0sdi
, when it comes to the wiring what’s the best route to go down? I’ve heard the standard loom can be used but needs modifying? If that’s true what needs doing? Cheers in advance :D
D1cky
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: 2.0 bkd in 2.0 sdi

Post by D1cky »

@Caddybrad123
Did you have any luck finding out what wires need modified ?
I am in the midst of a conversion but I am hitting stumbling blocks regarding this.
Last edited by Giddy on Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quote of previous post
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

When you say stumbling block, what exactly are you having problems with?
Have you run the extra wires for the MAP sensor, repined the EGR valve control block, etc. etc.?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
D1cky
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by D1cky »

I cannot find any information regarding repinning.
What wires go to where ?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Where have you looked?
Have you tried VWs website for this information?
erWIN is very useful and not that expensive.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
flat out 90
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Post by flat out 90 »

This is something similar to what I’m looking at doing. I thinks it more a case of just going over wireing diagrams to see what needs changing. The only part iv stumbled across at the min is what ecu to use.
Vw caddy under modification. :)
2 old audi’s still under construction :D
If it’s not modified it soon will be. :lol:
oem gud but modified is even better 8)
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

I'm fairly certain the BKD only ever came with EDC16 ECU so unless you go the expensive aftermarket standalone route that's gonna be your only option.

KdyARL
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Post by KdyARL »

Hello, I have made a conversion from BSU to ARL and except for a couple of connectors and an adaptation in the crankshaft for the sensor and the seal, the rest without any problem, everything has been perfect, I am waiting for the electronics right now and I will introduce you to the van.

Hola, yo he echo una conversión a de BSU a ARL y salvo un par de conectores y una adaptación en el cigüeñal para el sensor y el retén lo demás sin problema alguno, ha quedado todo perfecto, estoy a la espera de la electrónica ahora mismo y os presentaré la furgoneta.