mk 3 caddy LED sidelight problem !!!

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
taylor186
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

mk 3 caddy LED sidelight problem !!!

Post by taylor186 »

Hey peeps I've just fitted an HID kit to the headlights to my caddy witch look mint the problem I've got the HID kit looks sick but the side light bulbs r yellow so I've tryied 2 upgrade 2 a led canbus bulb will light up an then shut off so I've plugged the diagnostics tool in 2 find a fault coad sayin control module coad incorrect dose anyone have a coad for the higher powered bulbs or a coad 2 witch someone else has done this 2 there caddy van any help would b so much help thanks !!
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: mk 3 caddy LED sidelight problem !!!

Post by Doc »

Your LEDs must not be CanBus compliant, if they were they wouldn't need any coding at all.
I don't think there is a way to program the lamp check to allow LEDs, they all need to have the integrated resistor or some sort of device to fool the check circuitry.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
RY4NTT
100BHP+

Post by RY4NTT »

I have some go on eBay and put in canbus 501 super White or something along those lines I paid £9.99 and they work fine. Just need hid's now what kit did you get andare they good did you get h7r ones ? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-xenon-white-Sp ... 4151f50951" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
taylor186
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by taylor186 »

thanks for your help with that ive just brought them ive put the link for the HID kit that i purchased there the H7 bulbs and i got the 8000k kit looks really good :D the only this is i had to modify the back of the light bulb holder because they have a twist fit setup on it so all i done was pulled out all the gubbins drilled a hole straight through the middle then enlongated for the back of the bulb to fit easyier to take the bumper off an headlight unit off the van sounds like a mission but really wasnt let me know if you get stuck thanks carl http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0517578570" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SamCT
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by SamCT »

All those canbus led bits are fugly! I know most people don't go and have a look at what bulbs you have but they look nasty. Are there none that gave a nice finish to them like 'normal' LEDs with the plastic 'dome' to them?

SCT
taylor186
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by taylor186 »

got the sidelight bulbs you recomended worked perfect well happy thanks alot for your help :D
RY4NTT
100BHP+

Post by RY4NTT »

no worries mate glad they worked .
pappa smurf
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by pappa smurf »

SamCT wrote:All those canbus led bits are fugly! I know most people don't go and have a look at what bulbs you have but they look nasty. Are there none that gave a nice finish to them like 'normal' LEDs with the plastic 'dome' to them?

SCT
yes you get normal led's but you got to fit resistors to stop the bulb out on the dash,
you wire the resistors in line to the bulb but watch they do get very hot
jedi-knight83
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by jedi-knight83 »

taylor186 wrote:thanks for your help with that ive just brought them ive put the link for the HID kit that i purchased there the H7 bulbs and i got the 8000k kit looks really good :D the only this is i had to modify the back of the light bulb holder because they have a twist fit setup on it so all i done was pulled out all the gubbins drilled a hole straight through the middle then enlongated for the back of the bulb to fit easyier to take the bumper off an headlight unit off the van sounds like a mission but really wasnt let me know if you get stuck thanks carl http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0517578570" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Taylor... do you have photos of how you fitted the HID bulbs in the OEM holders? I dont get the bit where you said you elongated it?
Golf GTI DSG - Stage1: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | 19" BBS CH | ED30 Everything - INFO
Caddy 2.0 TDI DSG - Stage 1: 177bhp / 283lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Golf GT seats - INFO

ImageImage
taylor186
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by taylor186 »

hiya im sorry i dont have any pics i basicly just pulled out the metal fittings then drilled straight through the middle of it then made the hole to fit the hid bulb but i had to cut open to get the wires through the oem part is that any help to you buddy