Auto lights/ Switch

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Auto lights/ Switch

Post by Azz03 »

Evening people I already have the auto lights switch installed but never got round to setting it up. Had a look today and if I turn lights to auto and cover the sensor with my hand only my side lights come on is this something I need to change with vcds ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Re: Auto lights/ Switch

Post by C Chis »

If you’re using the auto sensor that plugs into the switch, it switches on the sidelights first as it starts to get dark and then the main lights once darker.

Depending on where you’ve located the sensor there could still be ambient light getting in around the sides.

I tested mine after dark and used a torch to simulate daylight.

If your using the VW RLS, then not a clue...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]C chris [/mention] ahh that’s good to know I’ll have another look at that tomorrow and I’ve placed the sensor in the small triangle window. I may move it to centre of the dash by the windscreen
Cheers mate

caddychris2002
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by caddychris2002 »

Mines hidden under the false tweeter covers in the dash

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

www.dav-tec.co.uk
www.facebook.com/davteceng
Autowatch Ghost Installer
Mods:
145bhp map : Audi Q5 Seats, Polo Wing Mirrors, Touran R-Line rear bumper, Mk8 Golf Gti Front bumper, Sprayed in Honey Orange. Touran rear seat conversion, Bentley alloys, Stance plus coilover kit, caddy alltrak arch and skirt kit,mk7 golf gti steering wheel, Ghost immobiliser, Discover Media headunit, Kenwood underseat sub
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

Can’t seem to get mine working at all driving me nuts. Coming/leaving working fine but not auto lights

Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

Would having a fault in drivers door loom stop the auto lights working

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Highly unlikely, I can't think of anything in the door that might play a part in the lights working.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Have you checked measuring blocks to make sure the CECM/BCM is registering the light switch positions correctly?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]Doc [/mention] that’s my next thing to check measuring blocks. It’s fun using vcds and finding the little features also frustrating when you can’t do the simple things lol