Mk4 owners check your sliding doors!

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
stan-the-man
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Mk4 owners check your sliding doors!

Post by stan-the-man »

Hey lads just a quick heads up on what I experienced and it seems now another person I know had same issue.

My van has two sliding doors due to ladder flap, and once just by pure chance I pulled on one of them without unlocking the van and the sliding door opened just like that .

There was no indication on mfd that the door wasn’t closed, no vcds faults and the alarm beeped to confirm van was locked, but it wasn’t!

I don’t know how long this been on for but only replacement of the sliding door lock module cured it.
It was quite expensive exerience and pain in the head to replace.

Since my issue another chap local to me came over last night and we discovered same thing on his caddy.

This is only to inform all of ye of potential issue that’s out there, and if you using your van for work purposes etc there’s no harm checking the doors every so often once in a while. I do mine now every week.

Stay safe dudes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Re: Mk4 owners check your sliding doors!

Post by Scoobysrt »

Good info, my 07 1.9tdi did that but I found double clicking the lock button did lock it.

It was only after getting my new one that I read in the handbook double clicking disables the interior sensors so I had to get out the habit of it lol.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
tkpeters
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by tkpeters »

Very Strange
caddy4mo
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by caddy4mo »

Thanks for the heads up mate. Will check for sure!