Caddy towbar

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Conorwalshmk3
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Caddy towbar

Post by Conorwalshmk3 »

So picking up my 2012 caddy midweek and it doesn’t have a towbar . I have a 2010 mark6 golf with a detachable towbar and just wondering would the golf towbar fit the van if I was to remove it before sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Katiecaddy
200BHP+

Re: Caddy towbar

Post by Katiecaddy »

I might be wrong but I wouldn’t have thought so, something as important and dangerous as towing and you want it right and not falling off etc whilst your towing, I would always buy new with something like that
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Used doesn't mean it would fall off I think he's asking if the fitment is the same.

The ones I've seen bolt between the rear spring mounts, the one you've pictured seems like it would foul the rear springs.

Put vw caddy tow bar in Google and click images to see how the caddy ones fit.

It could be modified by a competent welder but for the cost of a new one it might not be worth it.

Probably the best answer is to remove yours anyway, see if it does fit and if not sell it on and put the money towards a caddy one. It's dead money selling it with the car.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

Your old golf one won’t fit, the caddy one is different. The original crash bar is replaced by the towbar and a modified crash bar and then the bumper skin is screwed back on to the crash bar

Here’s an image of my old one I removed to fit my R32 bumper

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
Conorwalshmk3
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Conorwalshmk3 »

Thanks for the replies definitely helpful ,I’ll be purchasing a new towbar for sure
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

I've just found this looking for something else, thought I would include it for completeness,

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_single/ca ... 179/lang/e
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro