Which Leather Steering Wheels Fit?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
ARSHAADJ
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Re: Which Leather Steering Wheels Fit?

Post by ARSHAADJ »

Hopefully a better Pic. Image

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

My module was also listed as having a steering angle sensor fitted, however it didn't.

The slot on the SWCM was empty as the steering angle sensor is built into my steering rack.

I got a few issues when I installed my SWCM, 1K0 953 549 CF as I fitted it with the steering angle sensor installed and I then had to remove it to clear the faults

Apologies, it was a while back and I can't remember the exact issues.

Did your old module have a steering angle sensor plugged into it?
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

The module being capable of supporting steering angle sensor and having one fitted are two different things. Is there an actual steering angle sensor behind your slipring?
I would say, go back and try the calibration again, it's never outright failed for me.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
ARSHAADJ
Caddy Fan

Post by ARSHAADJ »

OK so I tried the calibration 100 times this morning and nothing changes. The coding on the module is all correct. Lin 2.0 etc.

I managed to borrow another slip ring. Type 2 also. Buy this one ends in a D. As you see above mine is the C.

I'll let you guys know how I get on

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

It is the mk70 procedure you are following, right?
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.ph ... _.28G85.29

Do you have any other faults like ABS sensor that might cause problems for the calibration?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
ARSHAADJ
Caddy Fan

Post by ARSHAADJ »

No abs fault. Nothing else.

Tried the borrowed slip ring. No difference.

Yes we tried that mk70 procedure 100 times.

With the old BC module the procedure works and clears the light.

I put the new CH module back in and it refuses to clear no matter what I do.

Please help. Here in SA we have no access to parts. You have no idea the lengths we have gone to to get this stuff. Not to mention the absurb amount of money spent on this module and steering wheel.

ARSHAADJ
Caddy Fan

Post by ARSHAADJ »

Please see attached pics. I'm presuming this is the steering angle sensor. Is this incorrect?

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Yep, that's the steering angle sensor.
It sounds to me as though the steering wheel control module is not communicating with the steering angle sensor. I don't remember if there is a coding or adaption channel on those steering wheel control modules to enable steering angle sensor support, have you seen anything for this?

ARSHAADJ
Caddy Fan

Post by ARSHAADJ »

Hey @Doc

I agree with you. It does seem like a comms issue between the module and the sensor. Because as soon as we plug the old BC module in and do the adaptation process it clears the light.

We did not see any option to enable the steering angle sensor on the module. Please let us know if you figure out where or how to do this. It will be appreciated so much you don't understand. Because here in SA everyone is insistent that this wheel cannot work on this vehicle. I want to make it work to prove to all these new part fitters that it can be done.