Which Leather Steering Wheels Fit?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
CaddyNoob
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by CaddyNoob »

Hello all,
I rather like the look of the leather steering wheel with stainless steel looking insert that came in various VW's between 2005 and 2009 ish.

I've seen a few around, but was just wondering which ones will fit in my 2009 Caddy (using the Caddy airbag).

There's one from a Golf, part number 1k0419091 and also one from a Polo, 6q0419091. The last 6 numbers are the same so is it the same wheel?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Phil
Zeberdeecaddy
100BHP+

Re: Which Leather Steering Wheels Fit?

Post by Zeberdeecaddy »

Also interested in this , need to get rid of the grubby wheel on mine .
T4 .
2.5 TDi 102 .
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

Hi lads. If you’re looking for a non MFSW option, then this one I’ve linked to will be a straight fit using your original airbag

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324479487686

From an internet search, It seems wheels with those part numbers mentioned will fit using the standard airbag.
Be aware of airbag shapes though, they’re all slightly different and seeing wheels with no airbags included, it’s not always obvious.

This will fit: Image

This will NOT fit

Hope this helps you both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Zeberdeecaddy
100BHP+

Post by Zeberdeecaddy »

Thanks .

Helps me , 👍
T4 .
2.5 TDi 102 .
CaddyNoob
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by CaddyNoob »

Yep, the wheel in the top pic is the one. The one underneath looks to be for later models.

I've just bought one, so once I've tried it I shall update the post. I'll include the part number, so it's recorded for future reference.

Thanks again
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

There's some very useful information in THIS THREAD by Spacewalker.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Ben.B
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Re: Quels volants en cuir s’adaptent?

Post by Ben.B »

My upgrade with mk7 r steering wheel.
Caddy 2010 - mk6 gti 312 brakes - mk7 r steering wheel - 18" vw motorsport
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Very nice. That is fully working including cruise control buttons?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Ben.B
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Ben.B »

No, I have the original caddy cruise control. I have actually a slowly sdi engine, lower cluster version without obd. After engine/gearbox swap I'll watch to correct working multifonctions and paddles.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Ok, because the original post was asking to retain the original airbag so bolting on an multi function steering wheel without working controls is a little bit far of the mark.

Ben.B
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Ben.B »

Ok, sorry for off topic. :oops:
CaddyNoob
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by CaddyNoob »

No problem, it's nice to see snazzy things like that done.

I can confirm that the wheel from a Polo, part number 6Q0419091 (AFYRB) fits in my 2009 Caddy, using the Caddy airbag. It looks just like the wheel in the top picture of swan fiend's post.

I would've posted a picture, but it's not the prettiest in my cabin at the moment. The dash is out and I'm in the process of neatly running the reverse camera wiring, microphone lead, gps antenna, heated seat loom and component speaker wires before a Touran dash goes back in.
CaddyNoob
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by CaddyNoob »

IMPORTANT - IGNORE MY PAST SELF, HE DID NOT FIT THE AIRBAG PROPERLY, HE JUST OFFERED IT UP.

The Caddy airbag fits in the middle of the Polo wheel, so I figured it was safe to assume that VW designed all their wheels of this era to fit the same airbag..... WRONG. Although the front face of the airbag looks the same across the range, the way they clip into the wheel is different (Why? I don't know).

A 2009 Caddy airbag WILL NOT clip into a 2009 era Polo steering wheel, and according to pics online it looks like you cannot use the Polo airbag in a Caddy as the plug is different.

It also appears that circa 2009 Touran steering wheel airbags clip in differently to the Caddy AND Polo ones, although the plug is the same as the Caddy one.

Not looked into the Golf wheel yet as this experience has put me off for now.

SUMMARY - Steer clear of Polo steering wheel bits of this era if you have a Caddy, and in general don't assume anything where VW fitment is concerned.
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

People fit polo wheels regulary, it must just need an adaptor plug or a wire swap.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
ARSHAADJ
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Post by ARSHAADJ »

Where can you get the wiring harness for these steering wheel?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk